Windows 10: Disappearing pictures

Discus and support Disappearing pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just read the posts from September 2015, and find it incredible that this problem still persists in May 2019, but persists it does, it has just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gerry{36}, May 7, 2019.

1. Gerry{36} Win User

Disappearing pictures

I have just read the posts from September 2015, and find it incredible that this problem still persists in May 2019, but persists it does, it has just happened to me. I am more fortunate as I trust no one, no not I, so I only delete images from camera and iPhone that I do not need to keep or have not been printed. However I wanted to print photos of a special birthday party to send to a relation but every time I download and edit they vanish before they can reach the printer. Many just appear as AAE images, and I can't get a satisfactory answer from Microsoft as to why. I haven't yet dared to look to see if they remain on the laptop but if no I will visit the wonderful Know How team in PC World who always seem to know how!

Hopefully this problem only applies to new images and not those dating back many years which are still on the system?

Bring back Windows 7, that worked without any of the problems I am encountering on Windows 10. Update? It's rubbish.

:)

Gerry{36}, May 7, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, May 7, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 7, 2019
  4. Fred22 Win User

Disappearing pictures

Picture folders mysteriously disappearing

I'm having a problem with folders in my picture files. I have one called "Art" which disappeared and I couuldn't find it anywhere. I tried file explorer to no avail. I replaced the Arts folder with an identical folder from my desktop and then suddenly a folder call "Home and Garden" disappeared. Any suggestions re how to locate these missing folders?

Fred22, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Disappearing pictures

1. Disappearing pictures - Similar Threads - Disappearing pictures

2. This week all of my Pictures disappeared WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This week all of my Pictures disappeared WINDOWS 10: No I did not delete them. I just checked that folder.Nor were they moved to a different folder I ist conducted a search for *.png and "images" which was how I had folders in the file Pictures.I have re-booted and also Searched on Pictures.Where did they go...
  3. This week all of my Pictures disappeared WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This week all of my Pictures disappeared WINDOWS 10: No I did not delete them. I just checked that folder.Nor were they moved to a different folder I ist conducted a search for *.png and "images" which was how I had folders in the file Pictures.I have re-booted and also Searched on Pictures.Where did they go...
  4. This week all of my Pictures disappeared WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My windows 11 user disappeared and was replaced by "New user" without a picture and all my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 user disappeared and was replaced by "New user" without a picture and all my...: Today in the morning I boot up my laptop, that is a HP pavilion gaming, to play Fortnite as always and when I wanted to log in to my user it was not there, the name was replaced with New user and the profile picture disappeared, I don't have the option to create a new profile...
  6. My windows 11 user disappeared and was replaced by "New user" without a picture and all my...

My windows 11 user disappeared and was replaced by "New user" without a picture and all my...: Today in the morning I boot up my laptop, that is a HP pavilion gaming, to play Fortnite as always and when I wanted to log in to my user it was not there, the name was replaced with New user and the profile picture disappeared, I don't have the option to create a new profile...
  7. will there be an update to fix the disappearing profile picture on windows 10 welcome screen?

will there be an update to fix the disappearing profile picture on windows 10 welcome screen?: I am wondering if there will be an update fix for the disappearing profile picture on the welcome screen. I'm really not that computer jazzy to be going into updates and deleting things that may cause bigger problems. Also this happen about a couple months ago, maybe even...
  8. will there be an update to fix the disappearing profile picture on windows 10 welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will there be an update to fix the disappearing profile picture on windows 10 welcome screen?: I am wondering if there will be an update fix for the disappearing profile picture on the welcome screen. I'm really not that computer jazzy to be going into updates and deleting things that may cause bigger problems. Also this happen about a couple months ago, maybe even...
  9. will there be an update to fix the disappearing profile picture on windows 10 welcome screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Import option in Paint to put two pictures side by side has disappeared. Windows 11.

Import option in Paint to put two pictures side by side has disappeared. Windows 11.: My "Import" option in Paint has disappeared. Windows 11. Has been working fine for months. I would open a jpeg in Paint, it would open in the top left corner of the Paint screen. I would drag the field beside it to make it bigger and click the Import option on the upper left...