Windows 10: Disappearing Screenshots

Discus and support Disappearing Screenshots in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 5 2-in-1 laptop with Windows 10. I am not able to view or save screenshots. They do not appear in the screenshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesNormanLXX, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Disappearing Screenshots

I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 5 2-in-1 laptop with Windows 10. I am not able to view or save screenshots. They do not appear in the screenshots folder either on my hard drive or in OneDrive. The also do not save on my clipboard. This is true whether I use the PrtSc key by itself or in conjunction with the Windows key. Are these screenshots actually being saved and, if so, any ideas on which folder they might end up in?

:)

JamesNormanLXX, Oct 20, 2020
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 20, 2020
  3. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Disappearing Screenshots

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Disappearing Screenshots

1. Disappearing Screenshots - Similar Threads - Disappearing Screenshots

2. built in mouse has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    built in mouse has disappeared: my mouse is operated by a built in mouse and the pointer has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-mouse-has-disappeared/4036f427-ae6c-485f-90ac-9946055a5acc
  3. built in mouse has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    built in mouse has disappeared: my mouse is operated by a built in mouse and the pointer has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-mouse-has-disappeared/4036f427-ae6c-485f-90ac-9946055a5acc
  4. Screenshot disappear after installing windows 10

Screenshot disappear after installing windows 10: I have tried installing windows 10 multiple times. But after few minutes a sound comes like disconnecting USB and screen of laptop disappears. After that i can't able to see many screen. I have to install again windows to see screen. But it happens again after few...
  5. Screenshot disappear after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screenshot disappear after installing windows 10: I have tried installing windows 10 multiple times. But after few minutes a sound comes like disconnecting USB and screen of laptop disappears. After that i can't able to see many screen. I have to install again windows to see screen. But it happens again after few...
  6. Screenshot disappear after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Screenshot Folder disappear Version KB5009543

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot Folder disappear Version KB5009543: I recently did a weeklong program where I was to take screenshots of quizzes and am to submit them. I went to get my screenshots I've been taking all week and my screenshot folder is gone. I can't find it in its normal location in the picture folder. I know I have...
  8. Screenshot Folder disappear Version KB5009543

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot Folder disappear Version KB5009543: I recently did a weeklong program where I was to take screenshots of quizzes and am to submit them. I went to get my screenshots I've been taking all week and my screenshot folder is gone. I can't find it in its normal location in the picture folder. I know I have...
  9. Screenshot Folder disappear Version KB5009543

10. Screenshot Has Disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot Has Disappeared.: I used to Fn + Print Screen to screen shot ....... and a small picture would pop out of the right lower portion of the screen and make a noise....you could click on the image to edit or leave it alone to slide back out of sight ......where it would always be saved in a...