Windows 10: Disappearing scroll bar

Discus and support Disappearing scroll bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop the scroll bars from disappearing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R. K.Burton, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Disappearing scroll bar

Is there a way to stop the scroll bars from disappearing?

:)

R. K.Burton, Jun 8, 2019

2. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Disappearing scroll bar tpu.png

anticlutch, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Scroll bar disappears (UI issue)

Simply put, the scroll bar in Windows 10 disappears and is supposed to reappear when you want it. There are 2 issues, one a flaw and one a philosophical difference that I'd think Microsoft would have gone a different route. The flaw is that the scroll bar
    doesn't always remain visible when you need it to. You're reading and scrolling, but when you click to scroll, nothing happens, since the scroll bar disappeared when it shouldn't have. The philosophical difference that I have with Windows 10 designers is that
    the scroll bar is useful information, even when you're not scrolling. It shows the reader how long the document is, and where you are in that document. Yet Microsoft chooses to make it disappear. No thank you.

1. OS: Win 10 Home

2. Apps: Control Panel, Cortana, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.

3. Type of issue: UI - Scroll bar disappears, when it is needed

4. Severity: 3 out of 5

5. To reproduce:

a. Leave window open, without input, until scroll bar disappears, or open window without visible scroll bar.

b. Move the cursor to the right edge of the window until the scroll bar does reappear.

c. Click on scroll bar above or below the dark grey portion of bar, to scroll up or down.

d. Hold the cursor still, until the scroll bar disappears. (E.g., until you've read the text from that page, and are ready to scroll again.)

e. Left-click the pointing device.

6. Unwanted result: No change, since the scroll bar disappeared.

7. Expected result: The page should have scrolled one more page up or down. The scroll bar should have remained visible, allowing this.

The Windows 10 behavior is unhelpful. It requires extra movement of the pointer, and extra clicks, compared to how GUIs have always worked, including in all prior versions of Windows.

SWalkerELT, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Disappearing scroll bar

Taskbar Scroll Bar Removal

I removed my annoying scroll bar by going to settings, display settings and clicked of task bar all the way down the list. I turned on small icons and wahlah the scroll bar disappeared. Good luck all !

SherryRomero, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Disappearing scroll bar

1. Disappearing scroll bar - Similar Threads - Disappearing scroll bar

2. Verticle Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Verticle Scroll Bar: This bar sometimes "minimises" to a thin vertical line which moves up and down. How can I make it permanently into the normal wide bar, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verticle-scroll-bar/06c1ae5e-87d4-4f93-93dd-dac882dfcb2e
  3. scroll bar color

scroll bar color: can you guys please change the scroll bar back to its normal color. its very hard to see and I cant find it sometimes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-bar-color/457c6712-21b8-4a8f-8d01-7d46c6213212
  4. scroll bar on the right.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scroll bar on the right.: I have an HP All In One. the scroll bar on he right has disappeared. how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-bar-on-the-right/d445addd-8dd6-4b6b-a9fa-26d5825fcc40
  5. Scroll Bar

Scroll Bar: Every time I go to my photo folder where I have 100's of files and pictures, I scroll down 50-60 rows of pictures and while looking at the pictures, after 20-30 seconds the scroll bars automatically scrolls all the way to the top on its own. (Every Time I scroll down) I...
  6. Scroll bar not showing

Scroll bar not showing: the scroll bar is not showing on www.nbc.com/AGTvote. Can this be restored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/scroll-bar-not-showing/68d5c2ff-54ab-4a45-9527-88362e3a1295
  7. Scroll Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar Problem: After one of the Microsoft updates, the scroll bar on my windows mail has become hair-thin, making it extremely hard to get the cursor on it just right, in order to scroll up or down, please help! (this is only on the mail section, all other windows have a 1/4 inch diameter,...
  8. Scroll Bar Problem

Scroll Bar Problem: After one of the Microsoft updates, the scroll bar on my windows mail has become hair-thin, making it extremely hard to get the cursor on it just right, in order to scroll up or down, please help! (this is only on the mail section, all other windows have a 1/4 inch diameter,...
  9. SCROLL BAR difficulty

SCROLL BAR difficulty: I would like to return to the way scroll bars looked and behaved. Earlier versions of windows had a little lever icon that slid up and down. Now scrolls are long colored areas. I'm never sure what to grab with the mouse; the lighter color or the darker color. Also the...
  10. dv6 2150us scroll bar

in Windows 10 Support
    dv6 2150us scroll bar: touchpad scrollbar does not work. win 10 says drivers are good. thoughts? 16320