Windows 10: disappearing scroll bar

Discus and support disappearing scroll bar in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; One of the new features of some applications like Word is a disappearing scroll bar (on the right). I'm wondering how to disable this, and just have a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by MMMonzaSoxedo, Aug 19, 2020.

1. disappearing scroll bar

One of the new features of some applications like Word is a disappearing scroll bar (on the right).
    I'm wondering how to disable this, and just have a scrollbar that is always visible.
    It's not clear to me if this is a Windows feature, that is used by some MS programs, or that it is a feature of the application itself ..
    Of which Word is an example.

:)

MMMonzaSoxedo, Aug 19, 2020
  2. EdBeery Win User

Scroll Bars disappear.

Who thinks there is some advantage in not seeing scroll bars?

Code was added to make them "time out" and disappear.

When the user is looking at a listing, how do they know there are more?

What is gained by hiding the scroll bar? There is change to the layout, so real estate is not the point.

So, What is the point?

Did we think it would look cool in committee?

Turn the scroll bars back on please, and LEAVE them on.

EdBeery, Aug 19, 2020
  3. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

disappearing scroll bar tpu.png

anticlutch, Aug 19, 2020
  4. disappearing scroll bar

Scroll bars

I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears
    the jitter will stop. Another good example is the list of Apps and features - my list is large and so the window cannot be vertically expanded so that the scroll bar disappears. This happens also in several of my apps. And, it also happens in my browser
    searches. The jitter is so severe that I cannot highlight an entry to modify it. Any help?

orangecatQH, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

disappearing scroll bar

1. disappearing scroll bar - Similar Threads - disappearing scroll bar

2. Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar: I have lost my scroll bar. Tried restart but that didn't help.How do I get back the scroll bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-bar/79826604-0692-46e1-9d6a-7c3cffbaee72
  3. Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears: I've seen this topic come up before, and so far, none of the solutions offered has fixed the problem I've got. On certain web pages, the vertical scroll bar disappears, as if the page is too wide for the screen, even though the bottom scroll bar is also missing, indicating...
  4. scroll bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    scroll bar: does anybody know how to chage the scroll bar colour in windows 10 submitted by /u/rexyboy1h [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrff66/scroll_bar/
  5. scroll bar

scroll bar: When I look at a folder with a lot of pictures which take up more than one page I cannot get the scroll bar to stay at the bottom of the page more than a few seconds which does not give me enough time to look through very many images before it returns back to the top. I did...
  6. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  7. Scroll Bars disappear.

Scroll Bars disappear.: Who thinks there is some advantage in not seeing scroll bars? Code was added to make them "time out" and disappear. When the user is looking at a listing, how do they know there are more? What is gained by hiding the scroll bar? There is change to the layout, so real...
  8. Scroll bars

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scroll bars: I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears the jitter will...
  9. Disappearing scroll bar

Disappearing scroll bar: Is there a way to stop the scroll bars from disappearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-scroll-bar/ca12e89f-70f2-4223-b863-f7395fa5a822
  10. Scroll Bar

Scroll Bar: Every time I go to my photo folder where I have 100's of files and pictures, I scroll down 50-60 rows of pictures and while looking at the pictures, after 20-30 seconds the scroll bars automatically scrolls all the way to the top on its own. (Every Time I scroll down) I...