Windows 10: Disappearing shadow under icon text.

Discus and support Disappearing shadow under icon text. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DymekGI, Jun 9, 2022.

1. DymekGI Win User

Disappearing shadow under icon text.

On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow disappears. The icon text stays white and is invisible. I have several RDS servers clones and the problem is random not on every one.

:)

DymekGI, Jun 9, 2022
  2. JanxUK Win User

unable to remove shadow on icon text on desktop windows 8.1

I am using Windows 8.1 and recently the text on the icons on my desktop now have a shadow. I looked throughout my settings and can't seem to find a way to remove them. Any suggestions please would be appreciated.

JanxUK, Jun 9, 2022
  3. Private Win User
    Private, Jun 9, 2022
  4. Disappearing shadow under icon text.

Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

Hi,

this problem drives me crazy for months. By accident I've found ou that (Windows10):

I'm running a German version maybe the translation of the steps is not 100% precise but you can easily follow:

Open Info Center>all properties>personalizing> colors

Disable the transparency for Start, Task and Info_center (slect no transparency)

Now if you switch off desctop icon shadow in the advanced system settings the drop shadows behave ok.

After reboot the shadows disappear.

Wolfgang E.Perner, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

Disappearing shadow under icon text.

1. Disappearing shadow under icon text. - Similar Threads - Disappearing shadow under

2. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  3. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  4. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  5. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  6. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Disappearing shadow under icon text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing shadow under icon text.: On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow disappears. The icon text stays white and is invisible. I have several RDS servers clones and the problem is random not on...
  8. Shadows under icons comes up by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shadows under icons comes up by itself: Hello, although I have turned off the "Show shadows under icons" in the Visual Effects section, the shadows appear sometime by itself. Only reboot or signing out helps. Still not fixed?...
  9. Shadows under icons comes up by itself

Shadows under icons comes up by itself: Hello, although I have turned off the "Show shadows under icons" in the Visual Effects section, the shadows appear sometime by itself. Only reboot or signing out helps. Still not fixed?...
  10. How to remove drop shadows under desktop text?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove drop shadows under desktop text?: . After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803. All my desktop icons now have drop shadows under the text. How can I remove these shadows? I tried Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings, but I couldn't see the setting. Thanks. 110504