Windows 10: Disappearing shared printer

Discus and support Disappearing shared printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10. Everything OK after re-setting up Homegroup, including file and printer sharing. However, shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by metsakoti, Nov 29, 2015.

1. metsakoti Win User

Disappearing shared printer

I upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10. Everything OK after re-setting up Homegroup, including file and printer sharing. However, shared printers on desktop suddenly have become invisible to laptop, although shared files are still visible. I deleted the homegroup and set up a new one - same problem, shared printer invisible from laptop, shared files visible. Any ideas how to solve this?

:)

metsakoti, Nov 29, 2015

2. Suddenly one PC on the home network can see PCs on the network but they can not see it except for it's media devices

Hi Greg,

for a minute I got access to the computer's shared files and the printer attached to it.

in change sharing options for different network options

Private

Network discovery

the box for Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices was unchecked

I checked it and I could see the lost computer with a login and password.

I rebooted the system that was accessing it and the computers disappeared from the network list and the printer is no longer accessible.

This is driving me crazy!

Tim in Baltimore, Nov 29, 2015
  3. SJ28YE Win User
    Shared network printer has disappeared - can see under network but not install

I have a desktop connected to a printer by usb. My work laptop connects to this printer through the Homegroup sharing. Both machines run Windows. Everything was fine until I had to install printers from another network at my place of work. Now my home
    printer has disappeared. I have tried installing via Select a shared printer by name. I can access the home network, see the desktop and see the printer but I get a windows error when I try to press next. Homegroup can share files. The workgroup on both
    devices has the same name.

Any help gratefully received.

Disappearing shared printer [​IMG]

SJ28YE, Nov 29, 2015
  4. metsakoti Win User

System seems OK now. After resetting and setting all the "sharing" options on thge desktop to which the printers are attached, my laptop has finally rediscovered the printers - for no obvious reason.

metsakoti, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Disappearing shared printer - Similar Threads - Disappearing shared printer

2. Printer sharing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer sharing: So I have been having an issue for a while now with a label printer at a location that I work at. This label printer does not have an ethernet port on it so instead it is connected to one of the computers at the front desk and is shared across the network to the other...
  3. Printer sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer sharing: So I have been having an issue for a while now with a label printer at a location that I work at. This label printer does not have an ethernet port on it so instead it is connected to one of the computers at the front desk and is shared across the network to the other...
  4. Printer sharing

Printer sharing: I have LQ 2190 shared printer after windows 10 update printer couldn't share the user "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denined" Please assist me to solve this issue....
  5. printer sharing

printer sharing: I'm trying to scan a doc to my computer via wi-fi sharing is on for the printer so i dont understand why it wont scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-sharing/91cd66e1-0262-4318-a2c3-c72d94dee774
  6. Printer Sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing: Any restriction to access printer connected in windows 10 system by ubnuntu . I can't detect the shared printer in ubuntu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-sharing/462de525-8b64-4347-9953-79374bc54c76
  7. printer sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    printer sharing: i am unable to share drives and printers over network from win 10 pc to win 7 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-sharing/ebd345c9-6ab1-4b18-add1-9b1d0bfce2b1
  8. Printer sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer sharing: I have two PCs working in a Home Workgroup. When i upgraded both PCs to version 1803 i lost the ability to share the printer on PC2 with PC1. The PC1 printer could still be shared with PC2. I have struggled with this problem for several months, trying everything i could...
  9. Shared Printer

Shared Printer: With homegroup disappearing, I'm struggling to set up a shared USB printer between computers. I had previously set up a network through the wireless router, that allowed us to share the printer, but with the latest windows update, that no longer seems to work. Now when...
  10. Sharing a printer

Sharing a printer: I have a computer running windows 7 & 2 computers running windows 10 pro. At the moment one of the Windows 10 computers and the Windows 7 computer share the printer connected to the windows 10 computer via a homegroup. What I want to do is replace the Windows 10 computer...