Windows 10: Disappearing stuff from computer

Discus and support Disappearing stuff from computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What the hell is happening, just opened the lap and tried to run games or apps but shortcuts seems missing. Steam is gone and my games from it is gone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by whatisgoingonwithit, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Disappearing stuff from computer

What the hell is happening, just opened the lap and tried to run games or apps but shortcuts seems missing. Steam is gone and my games from it is gone, what the hell windows? Why things are disappearing from my hard drive? Something is deleting them, googled and there are some windows updates that makes things disappear, but I do not think there was a update or something. What is deleting my files out of blue? will disconnecting my account to local account will help it?

:)

whatisgoingonwithit, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Rocky Win User

My Stuff disappeared

No, actually this description does not touch on the phenomenon that we were discussing, i.e. why some computers have My Stuff listed on the bottom of the search area and some have the individual icons for files, apps, music, internet, photos, videos etc. Of course I might be thick, but I read both links and I did not see this phenomenon mentioned.

Rocky, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Autumn20 Win User

Disappearing stuff from computer

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Disappearing stuff from computer

1. Disappearing stuff from computer - Similar Threads - Disappearing stuff computer

2. Computer is pressing random stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is pressing random stuff: My computer has been hitting up or arrow up I can't access anything almost when I boot into safe mode the problem gets fixed I've reset my computer and more I've put it in safe mode and not had problems but I can't do anything there I can't figure this out HELP...
  3. Computer disappearing from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer disappearing from network: My wife's computer, which is on my home network, keeps disappearing from the network. This happens every few days. I can fix it by going to services.msc and shutting down the function discovery provider host and resource publication and restarting them. But I can't work out...
  4. Store disappeared from computer?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store disappeared from computer?!: I didn't uninstall store, because i know it is needed in later version on windows and i saw that on menu. Yet it is gone. I tried command to install it back: Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program...
  5. Store disappeared from computer?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Store disappeared from computer?!: I didn't uninstall store, because i know it is needed in later version on windows and i saw that on menu. Yet it is gone. I tried command to install it back: Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program...
  6. Stuff from my "new" context music disappeared.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuff from my "new" context music disappeared.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ragecat568 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikdqnl/stuff_from_my_new_context_music_disappeared/
  7. Microsoft Update caused my stuff to disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Update caused my stuff to disappear: I recently updated my windows 10, this caused all of my stuff to be moved into a temp folder, I moved all of my stuff to the desktop again because it was my important stuff I needed quick access to. How ever when I restarted my PC everything went back to normal except...
  8. Bluetooth disappeared from computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared from computer: I recently purchased a Lonovo IdeaPad. I was using Bose Big Blue wireless headphones, that were at the time connected to the computer, while I was watching a movie. I used a pause button feature of the headphones to pause the movie on the computer while I left the room for a...
  9. block inappropriate stuff from child computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    block inappropriate stuff from child computer: how can i make my kids account safe child computer. the navagate the internet but nothing is block even thought its an child account. I need help...
  10. My Stuff disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    My Stuff disappeared: I thought the answer to this problem would be easy to find but all I have found is many, many dead ends. The extremely useful “My Stuff” blurb has mysteriously disappeared from its customary position near the Windows Start symbol in the lower left hand corner of my Windows 10...