Windows 10: Disappearing system icons, taskbar

Discus and support Disappearing system icons, taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SYSTEM ICONS A big problem I am having with Windows 10 right now, is the system icons in the lower right corner, that seem to be disappearing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mikewarren1, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Disappearing system icons, taskbar

SYSTEM ICONS

A big problem I am having with Windows 10 right now, is the system icons in the lower right corner, that seem to be disappearing. The key controls are, the power, sound, and wi-fi indicators. It's now Summer 2019, and I have written to support forums, several months ago, about this problem and nobody responded at all. So, I try once again.

Another thing is that since I am using a laptop to run Windows 10, I need the 'desktop' or on screen controls, to adjust the graphics properties. Keep in mind the laptop has no knobs for brightness, contrast, or color. Formerly, I was right clicking on the desktop area (screen) to find a control called "Graphics properties", so I could adjust brightness, contrast, gamma, and colors. This function has also been disabled mysteriously.

This is very important for the visual functions of the computer I use, since I work with multimedia, photography, design, and games; on the laptop.

:)

mikewarren1, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

I It might make a difference

In this image
    Right click on Combat Example 1

Disappearing system icons, taskbar [​IMG]

Select Properties
    Change Icon

I think you just skipped a step - not right clicking on the program name to get to the properties option

Slartybart, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Disappearing system icons, taskbar

User assigned icons disappear from Taskbar in Windows 10

With the main account of my system (which is me), all of a sudden icons that I've put on the taskbar has disappeared. Now I can get them back by dragging and icon to the taskbar and they all reappear, but I really don't want to do that every time. I have
    created a second account, logged into it and loaded up the taskbar with icons. Rebooted my system and logged in with the new account and everything works fine.

Their is another post asking this same question. I've followed every step that a gentleman has suggested and nothing works. Has anyone figured this out yet?

James Berryhill, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Disappearing system icons, taskbar

1. Disappearing system icons, taskbar - Similar Threads - Disappearing system icons

2. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  3. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  4. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  5. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  6. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. System icons on taskbar greyed out or disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    System icons on taskbar greyed out or disappeared: Hello, the last couple of days I am experiencing a very annoying problem. The right side of the taskbar, which includes all the system icons and date and time etc., keeps changing. And it is not in a good way at all. Most of the time it looks like this picture TB1:After I run...
  8. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  9. Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?: Very odd behavior for the past several days, would appreciate any input. My taskbar icons, particularly the system icons (Network, Power, Volume) are disappearing/remaining hidden on their own. It's essentially like a carousel, where if I enable an icon in "Settings >...
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Disappeared: Back in November of 2015 I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I run a two monitor setup. The taskbar icons used to appear on both of my monitors, but now only appear on my secondary. I've tried the option to have taskbar icons appear on all monitors. Doesn't work. I should add...