Windows 10: Disappearing UWP apps

Discus and support Disappearing UWP apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This seems too weird to be true, but it's happened several times now. When I install UWP apps (primarily games like Forza or Gears of War) to an SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Czenisek, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Disappearing UWP apps

This seems too weird to be true, but it's happened several times now. When I install UWP apps (primarily games like Forza or Gears of War) to an SSD that is not my primary OS drive, then it's normal mostly, but occasionally (and for no discernable reason) the app will vanish from the start menu, from its listing in Settings, and leaves no trace on the file tree that it was ever there. It's just gone and I have way more free disk space. Then, I download and reinstall the app, and it's fine until it happens again, maybe weeks later. What causes this? I have my Steam library on the same drive and never had this problem with those games.

submitted by /u/Czenisek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Czenisek, Feb 20, 2021

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Windows UWP apps

It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and
    lover I am very disappointed on this problem from past 3 years.

djsubha007, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Disappearing UWP apps

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

Disappearing UWP apps 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Disappearing UWP apps

1. Disappearing UWP apps - Similar Threads - Disappearing UWP apps

2. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP apps icon disappearing when searching: Hello, I had a problem with my search icons for UWP apps, and now I finally found a way to resolve it!You would know I had this problem a long time ago, but I needed to create a new user account, and I didn't want to. Here is the post.To resolve it, you must follow these...
  3. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP apps icon disappearing when searching: Hello, I had a problem with my search icons for UWP apps, and now I finally found a way to resolve it!You would know I had this problem a long time ago, but I needed to create a new user account, and I didn't want to. Here is the post.To resolve it, you must follow these...
  4. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps

in Cortana
    Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps: Hi there, I recently created a thread for the same: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icons-disappeared-for-uwp-and-windows-apps-in/1e6527f6-2ff7-4216-bfc2-3b4cc074ef50. However the issue seems to have transferred from one PC to another, yesterday it...
  6. The icons disappeared for UWP and windows apps in the search field

in Cortana
    The icons disappeared for UWP and windows apps in the search field: Hello, I noticed a very peculiar issue. The icons in the search field for windows and UWP apps disappeared and now they show a blank photo icon....
  7. UWP apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP apps not working: Hello, I am using a Surface Pro (2017) on the slow ring of Windows Insider. Over the couple last weeks, performance was so slow it began making the machine useless. I did a backup of all my files and decided to do a fresh install of Windows. To my surprise however, I was...
  8. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  9. UWP Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  10. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...