Windows 10: Disappering files in windows 10

Discus and support Disappering files in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This week my PC has started to randomly lose/delete files. I haven't had this problem before and i'm stuck trying to work out what's going on. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ems8782, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Ems8782 Win User

Disappering files in windows 10

This week my PC has started to randomly lose/delete files. I haven't had this problem before and i'm stuck trying to work out what's going on.

On Monday of this week 29th June found that i've lost all 3 different saves of the .obj file i was working on last opened on 23rd June - completely disappeared from the folder they were saved in, tried selecting show hidden files but no luck. The shortcut to the file was visible in the Recent folder but gave an error message if you tried to load it from there as it couldn't find the file. Downloaded a file recovery programme but it only managed to find a version from 16th June, which isn't much help unfortunately.

Then this morning I've watched a file disappear as I tried to open it, so I've lost yet another bit of work. Between these 3 files I've lost weeks worth of work and I'm stumped as to why it's happening. It may also be relevant that on Monday all my .mtl files had been set to open with Acrobat Reader, not something I told it to do.

If I've lost the files, I've lost the files and I'll have to just recreate the work, but can anyone tell me why it's doing this and how to fix it? I can't risk losing more work.

TIA, Emma

:)

Ems8782, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 5, 2020
  4. bijoy2526 Win User

Sub folder appearing and disappering.

Attaching the screen shot of the command prompt.
    Disappering files in windows 10 [​IMG]

Disappering files in windows 10 [​IMG]

some 376 files are there.

bijoy2526, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Disappering files in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disappering files

2. paint disappered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    paint disappered: Hello, I just realised that Paint is gone from my PC. I'm currently running Windows 10 build: 19045.4170.As suggested here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint/e5805119-b2a4-4c92-a521-7c6f1d843d88 I have tried using as an admin the commands: DISM...
  3. iTunes - Detects My iPhone for a split second & disappers Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes - Detects My iPhone for a split second & disappers Again: Hello there,Today I tried to create a backup of my iPhone 12 using my PC Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit.However, after I tried connecting it to iTunes, it only showed up for a split second, and then disappeared again. I reinstalled both, the Windows Store and the Apple Website...
  4. Did File streams disapper?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Did File streams disapper?!: I got a file stream https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-file-streams-disapper/12728554-da09-4186-81a6-5de32836b5c1
  5. Did File streams disapper?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did File streams disapper?!: I got a file stream https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-file-streams-disapper/12728554-da09-4186-81a6-5de32836b5c1
  6. Did File streams disapper?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. all icons disappered, only text visible, not even in files

in Windows 10 Customization
    all icons disappered, only text visible, not even in files: ive been using this computer for a year everything was fine until I started customizing my desktop. i messed around with stuff until I got to here:no shortcut icons, no powershell admin icons, custom app icons, and invisible names. taskbar icons are the weird icons.a bit of...
  8. Disappering files.

Disappering files.: Widows keeps deleting files. I completed unhiding some files and that brought everythng back to normal. But, a few days later found one large folder (7.022 files, jn 665 folders) was missing. In another folder, 22 folders had been emptied (these before were hidden). Why is...
  9. My deleted files disappered fom recycle bin

My deleted files disappered fom recycle bin: I plugged my phone to the laptop as usual to edit my mp3 files placement, so once I tried to move some important file from one folder to another it just DISAPPERED. I checked recycle bin hoping to find them but I didn't find them. I searched my phone and again I didn't find...
  10. Windows 10 disappered with all my files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 disappered with all my files after update: After updating windows 10 (October Update) all of my files have disappered along with Windows 10. I was only able to get into the computer screen to type this by stumbling onto intel graphics support page using the task manager. now I'm stuck here....