Windows 10: Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC

Discus and support Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My son logged into our computer with his Microsoft account and now that is associated with our local administrator account. How can I remove his email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EricaNeyhart, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC

My son logged into our computer with his Microsoft account and now that is associated with our local administrator account. How can I remove his email from this?

:)

EricaNeyhart, Feb 3, 2021
  2. vexorg Win User

User account now has wrong microsoft email tied to it

Didn't work. I had already deleted the email account as I didn't want the thousands of junk emails on my drive.

The problem seems to be the Microsoft account below that email option in step 3. I cant disassociated that from my local account. If I go into manage that account then it takes me to his Microsoft web account manager.

vexorg, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC

1. Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC - Similar Threads - Disassociating Microsoft Account

2. Can't disassociate a work or school microsoft account from my personal pc because it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disassociate a work or school microsoft account from my personal pc because it is...: I recently bought a new pc with windows on which I put my work or school Microsoft account on teams, it then somehow associated itself with the device and is now managed by intune. This led to a plethora of problems such as antivirus software being installed on my pc without...
  3. Can't disassociate a work or school microsoft account from my personal pc because it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disassociate a work or school microsoft account from my personal pc because it is...: I recently bought a new pc with windows on which I put my work or school Microsoft account on teams, it then somehow associated itself with the device and is now managed by intune. This led to a plethora of problems such as antivirus software being installed on my pc without...
  4. Delete / Disassociate an old Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete / Disassociate an old Microsoft Account: I created a new Microsoft Account and purchased a family license for Office 365. I have an old "work" account associated on the same Surface tablet. I need to delete this prior account. I cannot find the delete option. Many thanks...
  5. Disassociate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disassociate files: Right now .jar files only open using windows explorer, trying to remove the association without assigning a new app to open it with. I want it so that it has no assigned app or system that opens it. How can I do that?...
  6. Removing / Disassociating a Child's Account from a Local Account on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing / Disassociating a Child's Account from a Local Account on Windows 10: Windows information: Windows 10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.836 Context: I've been using the same local account since Windows 8 through several upgrades. I'd been logged in as myself for store / xbox live since those became available services. My child wanted to buy something...
  7. What is the best approach to disassociating windows 10 from a microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best approach to disassociating windows 10 from a microsoft account?: I recently installed windows 10 and found, to my utter contempt, that microsoft forces you to use a microsoft live account to do the install. There is a way around it but I didn't know that at the time. I want to completely disassociate my windows 10 install from any...
  8. How to disassociate Email Accounts from Windows 10 User Account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disassociate Email Accounts from Windows 10 User Account?: Hey, can someone tell me how I can disassociate my Email account from the Windows 10 User? I accidentally linked it when I logged into the Microsoft Store and now I cannot unlink it. There's no option in the Accounts Settings on Windows it only has options to Add, nothing to...
  9. How to disassociate a Microsoft Account from a Local Account on a Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disassociate a Microsoft Account from a Local Account on a Windows 10 laptop: My son accidentally set up his Microsoft account on his uncle's laptop. His uncle only had a local Windows account previously. Now his laptop is set up under my son's account and has my son's email address, etc and parental controls associated with his user profile. I...
  10. How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?: While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been automatically linked with my parents local user profile. Our desktop wallpaper and other details are now being synced. I cannot see...