Windows 10: Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network

Discus and support Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has again managed to release a serious of problematic updates for Windows 10 that have caused serious problems for some users. The bugs in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 23, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network

Microsoft has again managed to release a serious of problematic updates for Windows 10 that have caused serious problems for some users. The bugs in Windows 10’s October Patch include Blue Screen of Death, broken File Explorer, printer disconnection bug, and network issues.

Users are reporting these problems after applying Windows 10 KB4579311 and KB4577671.

Both updates were supposed to be an important release for people running the two most recent versions (May 2020 Update and November 2019 Update). Judging from the number of reports, it seems like Microsoft has introduced a large number of problems instead.

In our tests, we also experienced numerous problems, including a bug where Windows 10 Action Center stops working and notifications are delayed.

Action Center

Earlier this week, we experienced a strange Windows 10 problem that prevented our Action Center from opening. Every time we clicked on the Action Center or used Win+A key, we were served with a completely blank Action Center.

Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network Action-Center-blank.jpg

Unfortunately, fixing the problems with Action Center isn’t simple at all. I tried rebooting File Explorer and signout out and back in again, but nothing worked. After multiple systems reboot, I was able to access the Action Center again, but the same problem reappeared.

For now, if you have Action Center problems after recent updates, you’ll need to uninstall the update manually using Control Panel.

File Explorer

It’s being widely reported that Windows 10’s latest cumulative update is breaking down File Explorer.

Users told us that their File Explorer has become unresponsive after applying the update to Windows 10. In Feedback Hub, one user highlighted a problem where taskbar flashes and Explorer crashes constantly.

“Taskbar constantly appearing and disappearing, obviously explorer crashing. Happens for about 30 seconds, then finally the desktop comes up and Explorer starts working,” the user wrote in the Feedback Hub. Uninstalled KB4579311 and system boots normally.

Likewise, another user noted that File Explorer crashes repeatedly immediately after logging in.

“October 13, 2020—KB4579311 update is causing Explorer to be unresponsive after rebooting. It’s causing my start menu and notification screen to be irresponsive for at least 20 mins before they were operating normally,” another user noted.

Others have reported the same problem in our comments section, community forum, and Reddit discussions.

Printer and network problem

Several users have confirmed that a bug in this cumulative update is breaking down their printers, but there’s an easy fix: you have to disconnect the printer and reconnect it after rebooting the system.

Likewise, others have also reported network and internet issues, including one weird bug where users might experience network packet loss.

The post Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2020
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network

Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network

1. Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network - Similar Threads - Disastrous update breaks

2. Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection: Our office computers all updated with security patch KB5006670 yesterday and immediately, everyone lost their network printer. The computers can no longer find it. I contacted my IT guy not in house and he said he was busy all morning uninstalling the update from all his...
  3. Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection: Our office computers all updated with security patch KB5006670 yesterday and immediately, everyone lost their network printer. The computers can no longer find it. I contacted my IT guy not in house and he said he was busy all morning uninstalling the update from all his...
  4. Windows 10 security update KB5006670 breaks network printer connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Update KB5005033 breaks group policy network printer deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update KB5005033 breaks group policy network printer deployment: I see Event ID 513 in the PrintService>Admin event log. Group Policy was unable to add per computer connection \\server\printer. Error code 0xBCB. This can occur if the name of the printer connection is incorrect, or if the print spooler cannot contact the print server. I...
  6. Windows Updates is breaking Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Updates is breaking Printers: I have had 4 printers including my own that have been broken by apparently a MS update. I can find no one to help with this situation. The printer is no longer recognized on the USB port - NOT any USB port. NO sound no indication or response at all. I am trying to...
  7. Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 v1909 update breaks File Explorer: Since the Windows 10 v1909 update, this PC (see link for config) has been having the following File Explorer issues: Thumbnails not loading: [ATTACH] File Explorer starting with only Quick Access, This PC, and Libraries in the left shortcut pane, with the main pane saying...
  8. recovering files from a disastrous update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovering files from a disastrous update.: Hello Everybody. I was wondering if anyone could instruct me in how to recover lost files I suffered during a recent Windows 10 update. I have been told this is a common problem and that it is fixable. However, all I can find to aid me is software I have to pay for. There...
  9. Disastrous 'October update'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disastrous 'October update': Windows Update has just now decided (27 Mar 2019) to apply the October Update. Quelle domage!!! It has screwed up my desktop, removing many icons and, worse, has removed all my system restore points so that I cannot restore to an earlier time and recover the missing icons,...
  10. Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver: Auto Updates have 'broken' my HP Network AIO Printer's driver. Repeatedly. On all four networked PCs/Laptops in my household. Requires uninstallation then re-installation of printer driver to regain network printer access/functionality. I and my family are just so...