Windows 10: "Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update

Discus and support "Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; "Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanWorland, Oct 7, 2018.

1. "Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update

"Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update

:)

AlanWorland, Oct 7, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 7, 2018
  3. MrMeMe Win User
    Where is "Disc Cleanup" in WX?

Where is "Disc Cleanup" in WX? Cant seem to find "C" drive, just a list of folders.

MrMeMe, Oct 7, 2018
  4. "Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update

Disc Cleanup Broken on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install

Disc Cleanup Utility is not removing Temporary Internet Files.

Tried Internet Options method and Disc Cleanup method.

Folder is visibly empty (Show hidden checked, Hide Protected unchecked) and the only things in the folder are multiple folders and container.dat files but Disc cleanup still shows 290k in files.

Any help?

BTW this is my Temp folder location (does it seem right?)

C:\Users...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE. That's the folder that is pointed to when I select view files.

MasakiPhenom, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

"Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update

1. "Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update - Similar Threads - Disc Cleanup empties

2. Disc Cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disc Cleanup: Doing disc cleanup on a win 10, should I check all the boxes?? How often should I be doing this clean up? And how often should I do the Sys files clean up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup/957b6a3d-f2fe-461d-90ba-1a564510eaa6
  3. No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018: Why do I loss sound after the Windows 10 Oct 2018 update.? Even with the updated update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-update-oct-2018/4844094d-87f9-47f1-ba26-a30bf7fcf929
  4. disc cleanup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disc cleanup: what items may I check on disc cleanup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup/bc16ea55-a09e-4e15-afbd-4016035aa052"
  5. Oct 2018 feature update and flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Oct 2018 feature update and flash: Update seems to work fine on my 4 computers. I have noticed my cox tv site is looking for flash. I have flash enabled in Edge advanced settings but still have to allow from the webpage icon. The icon only gives me the option to allow flash to run once on the website which is...
  6. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  7. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  8. oct 2018 update question

oct 2018 update question: everybody is talking about the October 2018 update (which I don't think I got) today I updated to build 18252 from build 17763 heres my question.... 1. what is the oct update 2. does build 18252 overwrite the oct update...
  9. disc cleanup after 1803 cumulative updates

disc cleanup after 1803 cumulative updates: 1803 cumulative updates take so long to be cleaned up with disc cleanup. I do so b/c I want to have a clean image in case I have to recover. Is there a faster way to clean up these updates? 113004
  10. Disc cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disc cleanup: Disc cleanup>system files does not clean up Windows Update Cleanup.The green bar seems to crawl to a halt about midway and stay there even after a reboot. >I have to edit as I waited it out and finally it deleted all the files. 103832