Windows 10: Disc cleanup

Discus and support Disc cleanup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Disc cleanup>system files does not clean up Windows Update Cleanup.The green bar seems to crawl to a halt about midway and stay there even after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maranna, Feb 5, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

Disc cleanup

Disc cleanup>system files does not clean up Windows Update Cleanup.The green bar seems to crawl to a halt about midway and stay there even after a reboot.
    >I have to edit as I waited it out and finally it deleted all the files.

:)

maranna, Feb 5, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

disc cleanup

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I suggest you to not delete Windows.old folder, it contains all data from the previous operating system.

In case something goes wrong with your computer, Windows.old folder will help you to roll back to the previous Operating system.

Thank You.

Arul_D, Feb 5, 2018
  3. Disc cleanup

• To delete temporary files:
      • Search for Disk cleanup
        from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.
      • Under Files to delete,
        select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
      • Select OK.
    • If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:
      • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
      • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
      • Select OK.
    3. If those two ways cannot solve your problem, you can try to use third party software to

wipe Windows 10 hard drive
    easily.

DemonBradsahw, Feb 5, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Disc cleanup

Type clean in the search box and it should be the first thing on the list.

swarfega, Feb 5, 2018
  5. maranna Win User
    >>Thank you for the tip.

maranna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disc cleanup

1. Disc cleanup - Similar Threads - Disc cleanup

2. About Disc Cleanup - News Flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Disc Cleanup - News Flash: This recently came to my attention:Something was being said about Disc Cleanup in Win11 not showing where Folks were accustomed to having it or that it was gone*, now. Meaning if one Rt Clicks a Drive & goes to Properties, it is not in the resulting window. It's absence there...
  3. About Disc Cleanup - News Flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Disc Cleanup - News Flash: This recently came to my attention:Something was being said about Disc Cleanup in Win11 not showing where Folks were accustomed to having it or that it was gone*, now. Meaning if one Rt Clicks a Drive & goes to Properties, it is not in the resulting window. It's absence there...
  4. Symbolic links and Disc C: space cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Symbolic links and Disc C: space cleanup: Hello, I was wondering how I can make a symlink to/from I don't know a heavy file in disc C: and Would it reduce disc C: space?What other alternatives do I have?If you answer the symlink making question, also answer the 1. question as well if you can....
  5. Symbolic links and Disc C: space cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Symbolic links and Disc C: space cleanup: Hello, I was wondering how I can make a symlink to/from I don't know a heavy file in disc C: and Would it reduce disc C: space?What other alternatives do I have?If you answer the symlink making question, also answer the 1. question as well if you can....
  6. Symbolic links and Disc C: space cleanup

7. Disc cleanup failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc cleanup failure: Disc cleanup stalls halfway through initial scan. Advice much appreciated about what to do to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup-failure/48d4ee4d-9fb0-44f7-84ea-e38a85250d64
  8. Disc cleanup failure

Disc cleanup failure: Disc cleanup stalls halfway through initial scan. Advice much appreciated about what to do to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup-failure/48d4ee4d-9fb0-44f7-84ea-e38a85250d64
  9. Disc Cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disc Cleanup: Doing disc cleanup on a win 10, should I check all the boxes?? How often should I be doing this clean up? And how often should I do the Sys files clean up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup/957b6a3d-f2fe-461d-90ba-1a564510eaa6
  10. Disc Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc Cleanup: Doing disc cleanup on a win 10, should I check all the boxes?? How often should I be doing this clean up? And how often should I do the Sys files clean up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup/957b6a3d-f2fe-461d-90ba-1a564510eaa6