Windows 10: Disc D changed to Disc E

Discus and support Disc D changed to Disc E in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i was trying to fit my new gpu into my pc and unplugged a few cables connected to disc C and disc D. when i turn it on, my pc says that disc d is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by patapovich.m, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Disc D changed to Disc E

i was trying to fit my new gpu into my pc and unplugged a few cables connected to disc C and disc D. when i turn it on, my pc says that disc d is now disc E. all the files are present but the name is now disc e. none of my programs work now because they were installed on disc d. i tried chanmging the name in disc manager but i cant change it to d. i need help soon

:)

patapovich.m, Dec 31, 2020

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Disc E

I keep getting a message that my Disc E is almost full. When I try to see what is in that disc, it says there is no information.

GeorgiaEsham, Dec 31, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Disc D changed to Disc E

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Meaning not on the list when selecting ?

jds63, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Disc D changed to Disc E

1. Disc D changed to Disc E - Similar Threads - Disc changed Disc

2. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?: When I inserted a blank CD to my pc I was presented two options, using it as DVD or as USB device, I choosed USB wrongly as I intended to use it as DVD, is there a way to alternate between both options?...
  3. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?: When I inserted a blank CD to my pc I was presented two options, using it as DVD or as USB device, I choosed USB wrongly as I intended to use it as DVD, is there a way to alternate between both options?...
  4. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Please insert a disc into drive E"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please insert a disc into drive E": I have tried to get my laptop DVD/CD to read any disk to no avail. I tried several of the suggestions in a thread to 2015, no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. The system says the drive is working properly. Put in a disk, the disk spins, then "Please...
  6. Disc C wont defragment, only Disc D defragments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disc C wont defragment, only Disc D defragments: On "Optimise Drives" tab, when you select whichever drive you want, there are 2 options, "Analyse" and "Optimise". For my OS Disc C the Analyse option is not available but for Disc D both are available and Disc D has been defragmented but I cannot defrag Disc C. I ran a...
  7. Can't access local disc D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access local disc D: I had two discs in my computer. A local disc C containing window files and other local disc D contain documents, movies etc. but my local disc D is not opening for a long time. I tried many thing and restarted several times but it didn't work. when I try to open this it...
  8. Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc: Hi there. I'm trying to install a disc game on my Alienware Aurora R2. I've inserted the disc into the computer, however the computer thinks that there is no disc in the drive. The disc is good b/c it is detected on other computers. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  9. C D BRIDGE Disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C D BRIDGE Disc: I have a Times newspaper cd disc for playing Bridge but it will not download with windows 10. There is a way I can download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-d-bridge-disc/9d865a96-7907-4a76-851d-3e0a5f3675b7
  10. Disc D Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disc D Repair: Does the Scanning and Repair option work or can I buy a disc repair tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-d-repair/7555a9cf-bec8-4ac0-8471-e4301946058f