Windows 10: Disc D Repair

Discus and support Disc D Repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does the Scanning and Repair option work or can I buy a disc repair tool?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lanceturvey, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Disc D Repair

Does the Scanning and Repair option work or can I buy a disc repair tool?

:)

lanceturvey, Jan 12, 2019

2. cannot create repair disc

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with creating system repair disc. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know please check if the CD/DVD drive is detecting in Device manager and check for yellow color exclamation mark next to it?

This issue could occur if the media is corrupted, hence you need to replace the media which you are using as some of the media may cause this type of issues while burning. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Step 1.

In the search bar, type recdisc.exe and hit
    Enter.

Step 2.

• Now press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the
      Backup and Restore
      icon.
    • Now click on the Create a System recovery disc link in the left blue pane.
    • Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button.
    NOTE: If you are prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your
    computer. Insert a Windows 10 installation disc.

• It will now start creating the System Repair Disc
    NOTE: If any Auto Play window pops up, just close it.

• When it's finished, click on the Close button.
    • Click on OK.
    • Now remove the remove and label your new Windows 10 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jan 12, 2019
  3. System Repair Disc

Hi folks
    Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. (Note to Try3.....yes I did mean a System Repair Disc.)
    I have decided on a USB repair and I'm just curious about the approximate size of the repair disc. Just let me know and then I will mark the thread closed and solved.

Bob Hennessy, Jan 12, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Disc D Repair

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Disc D Repair

1. Disc D Repair - Similar Threads - Disc Repair

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  4. How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!: Disk Management won't let me! And a straight format from File manager won't let me. I want to create a new repair disc without having to throw the RW one that I currently have away....
  5. How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!

How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!: Disk Management won't let me! And a straight format from File manager won't let me. I want to create a new repair disc without having to throw the RW one that I currently have away....
  6. Cannot use System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot use System Repair Disc: I created a system repair disc and it does not boot. In reading support, some necessary files may be missing. Is there a way to download the the files to create a system repair disc?...
  7. Cannot use System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use System Repair Disc: I created a system repair disc and it does not boot. In reading support, some necessary files may be missing. Is there a way to download the the files to create a system repair disc?...
  8. Cannot use System Repair Disc

9. Repairing disc error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repairing disc error: "Repairing disc errors. This might take an hour to complete." This statement is written on my screen with a black background and with DELL logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disc-error/ff7d32f8-d676-4463-a7ba-3c1adabed83c
  10. Repairing disc error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repairing disc error: "Repairing disc errors. This might take an hour to complete." This statement is written on my screen with a black background and with DELL logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disc-error/ff7d32f8-d676-4463-a7ba-3c1adabed83c