Windows 10: Disc Drive issue.

Discus and support Disc Drive issue. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I really want to install and play Zoo Tycoon 2 and the expansion packs but the problem is that the disc drive on my computer (a Lenovo thinkpad 320) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MM132, Feb 1, 2019.

1. MM132 Win User

Disc Drive issue.

I really want to install and play Zoo Tycoon 2 and the expansion packs but the problem is that the disc drive on my computer (a Lenovo thinkpad 320) is either too much small for the disk to fit on or the disk is too big and I really want to play the game again since I own it but i'm wondering how I am ever going to play it on this PC. How do I fix this problem?

:)

MM132, Feb 1, 2019

2. Disc drive issue

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please let us know what error message or error code you get?

Do you mean that it doesn't recognize disc that you insert in the disc drive?

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows +X
    • Select Device manger
    • Expand disc drives.
    • Right click on the disc drive device and select update driver.
    • Let Windows find the driver for you.
    You may also uninstall and install the latest driver from your manufacturers' website and check.

Run the program in compatible mode and check.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7/8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

3. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

I hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Feb 1, 2019
  3. little cat, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Disc Drive issue.

No Drive C Disc error reapires at startup

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• For which drive are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What error are you getting?
    • Are you referring to Disc drive or Hard drive?
    If it is a Drive partition of the hard drive let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Start and type This PC.
    • On top you can see file ribbon. Select a drive and Click on
      manage.
    • Select Optimize. Select the Drive which you want to optimize.
    • Click on analyze and click Optimize.
    • Restart the PC and check.
    Note: This might take a long time to analyze and optimize. So better keep the laptop plugged in to charger. If the laptop shuts down in between the process it may cause issues.

I would suggest you to install the pending updates logging into Microsoft account.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Disc Drive issue.

1. Disc Drive issue. - Similar Threads - Disc Drive issue

2. Issues with Disc Based Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Disc Based Games: I recently installed a game on my computer using a CD. I have recently uninstalled the game to reinstall it using custom settings rather than express but any time I double click the icon on the disc tray area it just starts the game as if it is still installed on my computer....
  3. a way to hide disc drives with no disc in them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a way to hide disc drives with no disc in them: i kinda hate how my PC folder has empty drives for disc trays that have no disc, its unnecessary clutter (you don't keep empty tupperware in the fridge even if you're planning on putting stuff in them some day). i'd just permanently hide it like i just did the reserved...
  4. Disc drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disc drive: I have a Toshiba Satellite C850D-107 laptop and the disk drive doesn't recognise when I put a cd in. I'm trying to add some cd's to my Itunes library. There's the usual whirring sound but then nothing. The laptop has the latest updates I went in to device manager and tried...
  5. disc drive

disc drive: How do you open the disc drive if there even is one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-drive/c5e47bc9-b058-40b2-be84-7aa3690620a5
  6. Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc: Hi! I have recently installed a virtual windows xp emulator on my Windows 10 PC so that I can play older pc games that no longer work on windows 10. The emulator is working perfectly, the only issue is that when attempting to install the games through windows xp, I insert...
  7. Issue with my Blu-ray removable disc drive.

Issue with my Blu-ray removable disc drive.: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32). this is the error code I get I tried all the solutions I found with regards to this error code. None of them worked. Please tell me where I can find the...
  8. Hard disc drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"
  9. Unknown Disc Drive

Unknown Disc Drive: Using File Explorer I noticed that I had a disc drive indicated as 'USB Drive (F:)' This puzzled me as I don't have any USB drives connected; neither are there any card reader slots which may have been a reason. I checked, via Administrative Tools/Computer Management, and...
  10. My pc's disc drive

My pc's disc drive: How do I eject a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-pcs-disc-drive/01481afe-d5ca-47ee-8b13-1f7c2e01a7c4