Windows 10: disc drive

Discus and support disc drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do you open the disc drive if there even is one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-drive/c5e47bc9-b058-40b2-be84-7aa3690620a5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by luclear1, Feb 27, 2020.

1. luclear1 Win User

disc drive

How do you open the disc drive if there even is one.

:)

luclear1, Feb 27, 2020

2. No Drive C Disc error reapires at startup

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• For which drive are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What error are you getting?
    • Are you referring to Disc drive or Hard drive?
    If it is a Drive partition of the hard drive let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Start and type This PC.
    • On top you can see file ribbon. Select a drive and Click on
      manage.
    • Select Optimize. Select the Drive which you want to optimize.
    • Click on analyze and click Optimize.
    • Restart the PC and check.
    Note: This might take a long time to analyze and optimize. So better keep the laptop plugged in to charger. If the laptop shuts down in between the process it may cause issues.

I would suggest you to install the pending updates logging into Microsoft account.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

disc drive [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

4. Jerry8A Win User

disc drive

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

disc drive [​IMG]

disc drive [​IMG]

disc drive [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

disc drive

1. disc drive - Similar Threads - disc drive

2. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  3. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  4. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop: My Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop. The drive came with the laptop new, and it always worked. Sometime after upgrading to Windows 10 Home, it stopped working. I have not pursued the issue but now I would like to have this unit working again. I have...
  6. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop: My Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop. The drive came with the laptop new, and it always worked. Sometime after upgrading to Windows 10 Home, it stopped working. I have not pursued the issue but now I would like to have this unit working again. I have...
  7. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H not working in Windows 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H not working in Windows 10 Home version: Device Manager list the CD/DVD Rom Drives and Shows "hp BDRW UJ272" listed, but does not recognize the drive. I have gone through many troubleshooting tips on the internet, including and not limited to deleting and rebooting, which then reinstall the device, but it still in...
  8. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H not working in Windows 10 Home version

Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H not working in Windows 10 Home version: Device Manager list the CD/DVD Rom Drives and Shows "hp BDRW UJ272" listed, but does not recognize the drive. I have gone through many troubleshooting tips on the internet, including and not limited to deleting and rebooting, which then reinstall the device, but it still in...
  9. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

10. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H not working in Windows 10 Home version