Windows 10: Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc

Discus and support Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. I'm trying to install a disc game on my Alienware Aurora R2. I've inserted the disc into the computer, however the computer thinks that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike_18_, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Mike_18_ Win User

Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc

Hi there. I'm trying to install a disc game on my Alienware Aurora R2. I've inserted the disc into the computer, however the computer thinks that there is no disc in the drive. The disc is good b/c it is detected on other computers. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive but that didn't seem to work. I cannot put the discs 2 in total on a flash drive as they contain extremely large files. I do not have an external disc drive either. Can someone please help with this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

:)

Mike_18_, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Daniel321 Win User

Disc driver not reading discs

I'm not sure if it's called a disc driver, the thing where you put discs in on the pc, but no discs are working when i put them there, usually when putting a disc in there afew seconds you see a little disc icon near the cursor, but when i put ANY disc no matter what it is, nothing happens. i wait, nothing. would you kindly help me?

Daniel321, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc [​IMG]

Hey so this is what happens, the dvd drive pops up on device manager

jaydenvo789, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc

1. Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc - Similar Threads - Disc Driver says

2. Disc D changed to Disc E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disc D changed to Disc E: i was trying to fit my new gpu into my pc and unplugged a few cables connected to disc C and disc D. when i turn it on, my pc says that disc d is now disc E. all the files are present but the name is now disc e. none of my programs work now because they were installed on disc...
  3. DISC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISC: Hi I put a movie disc in my dell 755 tower lights blinked nothing happened does the disc go in the shiny side in or out THANK YOU TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc/37f8ab96-303e-4e6e-a6ba-829bfe9d1397
  4. Disc driver not detecting disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disc driver not detecting disc: Hi there. I recently reset a pc that has been collecting dust for a few months. After setting everything up: internet, malware protection, etc. I have been trying to insert a game that is a disc, specifically Microsoft Flight Simulator X FSX and my computer does not know it...
  5. Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc: Hi! I have recently installed a virtual windows xp emulator on my Windows 10 PC so that I can play older pc games that no longer work on windows 10. The emulator is working perfectly, the only issue is that when attempting to install the games through windows xp, I insert...
  6. external hard disc showing for format disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disc showing for format disc: while I connect my external hard disc with data shows for format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disc-showing-for-format-disc/a36ede3b-89f8-49e3-9511-7347823b0688"
  7. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.: For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a...
  8. Password reset disc and System repair disc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset disc and System repair disc: How do you create a Password reset disc and a System Repair disc for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-reset-disc-and-system-repair-disc/fc75a6ce-bad6-4e48-9882-8d44f0ced692"
  9. Driver for Floppy discs ?

Driver for Floppy discs ?: I have a hardware unit that connects to my PC via USB to allow it to read the old floppy discs. However, when inserted I receive a message that it cannot be read. Several of them are from an old Mavica camera and I would like to be able to see and/or copy them to a DVD....
  10. Disc driver not reading discs

Disc driver not reading discs: I'm not sure if it's called a disc driver, the thing where you put discs in on the pc, but no discs are working when i put them there, usually when putting a disc in there afew seconds you see a little disc icon near the cursor, but when i put ANY disc no matter what it is,...