Windows 10: Disc management Win 10

Discus and support Disc management Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Extend volume Have main partition "C" primary, etc., then Recovery Partition, then New Volume. It says can only extend in adjacent formatted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dwoodatl, Apr 28, 2020.

1. dwoodatl Win User

Disc management Win 10

Extend volume

Have main partition "C" primary, etc., then Recovery Partition, then New Volume. It says can only extend in adjacent formatted volumes. Both Primary "C" and new formatted volume show NTFS but Recovery Partition shows blank.

Can I extend "C" primary to include Recovery? If so, can I then get to new volume?

:)

dwoodatl, Apr 28, 2020

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Zeljko_05 Win User
    Win 10 doesn't recognize second Win XP ntfs formatted old data disc (not boot disc)

Hi,

sorry but I think that your suggestion doesn't have sense.

1) When SSD SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (Win 10 boot disc) is connected as the only
    disc drive, everything works OK.

2) When HDD WD Caviar 320 GB is connected as the second drive (data disc) running under Win XP (first drive is Win XP boot disc), it works OK.

3) When HDD WD Caviar is connected as the second drive (completly erased unformatted disc) in combination with the SSD
    SanDisk as the primary Win 10 boot disc, the Win 10 boot up crashes.

I really have no more intention to waste time diagnosing bugs of the operating system Windows 10, which by the way I paid dearly.

When you remove the obvious Win 10 bug, please let me know so I can connect the second drive.

Thank you for your help.

Zeljko_05, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Disc management Win 10

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Disc management Win 10

1. Disc management Win 10 - Similar Threads - Disc management

2. How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!: Disk Management won't let me! And a straight format from File manager won't let me. I want to create a new repair disc without having to throw the RW one that I currently have away....
  3. How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!: Disk Management won't let me! And a straight format from File manager won't let me. I want to create a new repair disc without having to throw the RW one that I currently have away....
  4. Disc management snap in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc management snap in: I currently back up to an external hard drive Toshiba, GBack ups appear to be working ok, but I thought I would like to open Toshiba and see what is there.When I click on the files listed, I get one of two messages. Tried the web for disc management snap-in, but found results...
  5. Disc management snap in

Disc management snap in: I currently back up to an external hard drive Toshiba, GBack ups appear to be working ok, but I thought I would like to open Toshiba and see what is there.When I click on the files listed, I get one of two messages. Tried the web for disc management snap-in, but found results...
  6. Disc management snap in

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. 'Format' option on a DVD + or - RW disc causes unexpected error in Disk Management Console

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Format' option on a DVD + or - RW disc causes unexpected error in Disk Management Console: As per the title, any attempt to click the format option on a DVD+RW or DVD-RW causes the error in the image below. A long time since I used optical media so this may be a very obvious solution!Drive is DVD-RW/DVD+RW as below:...
  8. 'Format' option on a DVD + or - RW disc causes unexpected error in Disk Management Console

'Format' option on a DVD + or - RW disc causes unexpected error in Disk Management Console: As per the title, any attempt to click the format option on a DVD+RW or DVD-RW causes the error in the image below. A long time since I used optical media so this may be a very obvious solution!Drive is DVD-RW/DVD+RW as below:...
  9. windows 10 cd/rw disc shows working in device manager does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 cd/rw disc shows working in device manager does not work: have done all suggestions on the internet Reinstalled cd drive checked drivers In registry there is no upper or lower filters shown Have a portable drive that does work Checked ATPI settings It only shows ATPI control Have run out of what else to do...
  10. windows 10 cd/rw disc shows working in device manager does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 cd/rw disc shows working in device manager does not work: have done all suggestions on the internet Reinstalled cd drive checked drivers In registry there is no upper or lower filters shown Have a portable drive that does work Checked ATPI settings It only shows ATPI control Have run out of what else to do...