Windows 10: Disc messing up my computer?

Discus and support Disc messing up my computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a disc copy of SIms 2 University and began to install the first disc. It finished fine and then told me to insert disc 2,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lennyfromtheblock, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Disc messing up my computer?

Hello, I recently purchased a disc copy of SIms 2 University and began to install the first disc. It finished fine and then told me to insert disc 2, which I did and then it didn't read the disc and the game kept prompting me to insert disc 2. I cancelled the install and tried again, but after putting the first disc back in, my computer went into crazy mode and my background desktop went totally black with only tiny little white outlines to indicate my open browser. The computer then started to spit out the disc and attempt to open an internet tab that won't load all the way and just tells me to insert a disc into the drive. I'd really hate to think I messed up my computer with this expansion :/ it will kind of half read the disc and randomly open the file select from the disc but nothing happens if I click on anything. I tried EA support for the game itself and they say it is not a problem with the game. Anyone have any idea what may be wrong with my computer? Thanks.

:)

Lennyfromtheblock, Jun 1, 2019

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Burn disc

Hi Dan,

• Do you receive any error message/code while performing the task?
    • What are the exact steps that you to performing to burn MP3/CDA files to a disc?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make and changes to the computer settings prior to the issue?
    Get back to us with the required details to guide you better.

Thank you.

Sudheendra.

Sudheendra S, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Disc messing up my computer?

Blue Screens Of Death Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to initiate check disc and this will resolve the problem.

To initiate check disc, refer to the below steps:

• Click start search cmd, right click and select run as administrator.
    • This will open command prompt and type the below command:
    CHKDSK /R /F

• Once the disc check is complete, reboot the computer.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Disc messing up my computer?

1. Disc messing up my computer? - Similar Threads - Disc messing computer

2. My Computer Is messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Is messed up.: I updated my Windows 10 computer to Win11 several years ago!, earlier this year I went to bed leaving my computer running and updating before shutting down. Now my computer takes 30 minutes to boot and many programs won't run at all. I can't find my Windows key but will...
  3. My Computer Is messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Is messed up.: I updated my Windows 10 computer to Win11 several years ago!, earlier this year I went to bed leaving my computer running and updating before shutting down. Now my computer takes 30 minutes to boot and many programs won't run at all. I can't find my Windows key but will...
  4. My computer is SERIOUSLY messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is SERIOUSLY messed up.: Many things love to crash on a regular basis on my computer. Games such as Ultrakill and Gorilla Tag, web pages, even the system itself sometimes. The bluescreen message is always different, but most if not all of them have something to do with the kernel.Here's an error...
  5. Onedrive messed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive messed up my computer.: I have unlinked OneDrive, and uninstalled it, but it is still there. When I tried to get rid of it, it also deleted many files on my new computer and desktop, and corrupted my resident Outlook email data files. It is still backing up files I don't want it too, but having...
  6. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  7. Update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up my computer: After the latest update I woke up to find All but three Desktop icons and all my start menu Icons had disappeared,along with numerous programmes and apps not working, I spent a couple of days trying to rectify the problems, got one or two apps to work, then uninstalled the...
  8. Why is my computer messed up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my computer messed up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Delta2735 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsxdh/why_is_my_computer_messed_up/
  9. My computers reset is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computers reset is messed up: I don’t know why this is happening but my pc has been experiencing many issues that ive had to personally deal with and this is the first time something like this has happened[IMG]...
  10. update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update messed up my computer: I cannot describe with simple words how much I hate Windows 10, this last updated messed up my computer AGAIN to a degree my whole desktop Disappeared, all my pin apps are not any where I can find, It crashes and restart out of the blue when I am in the middle of call and...