Windows 10: Disc Repair Function

Discus and support Disc Repair Function in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On startup, this morning our computer displayed a black screen with the message "Repairing disc errors. This could take over and hour". This computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamWebb98, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Disc Repair Function

On startup, this morning our computer displayed a black screen with the message "Repairing disc errors. This could take over and hour". This computer has shown no indication of any problems . I have no clue about what is going on here. Is this valid or bogus? How can I tell? Is there a Microsoft repair program embedded in Windows 10? If there is, how can I learn about it?

:)

WilliamWebb98, Jan 18, 2020

2. cannot create repair disc

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with creating system repair disc. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know please check if the CD/DVD drive is detecting in Device manager and check for yellow color exclamation mark next to it?

This issue could occur if the media is corrupted, hence you need to replace the media which you are using as some of the media may cause this type of issues while burning. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Step 1.

In the search bar, type recdisc.exe and hit
    Enter.

Step 2.

• Now press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the
      Backup and Restore
      icon.
    • Now click on the Create a System recovery disc link in the left blue pane.
    • Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button.
    NOTE: If you are prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your
    computer. Insert a Windows 10 installation disc.

• It will now start creating the System Repair Disc
    NOTE: If any Auto Play window pops up, just close it.

• When it's finished, click on the Close button.
    • Click on OK.
    • Now remove the remove and label your new Windows 10 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jan 18, 2020
  3. System Repair Disc

Hi folks
    Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. (Note to Try3.....yes I did mean a System Repair Disc.)
    I have decided on a USB repair and I'm just curious about the approximate size of the repair disc. Just let me know and then I will mark the thread closed and solved.

Bob Hennessy, Jan 18, 2020
  4. AtiSzerer Win User

Disc Repair Function

System repair disc could not be created (0xC0AA301)

Hello,

Trying to make a System repair disc but I receive this error "System repair disc could not be created (0xC0AA301).

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

AtiSzerer, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Disc Repair Function

1. Disc Repair Function - Similar Threads - Disc Repair Function

2. Repairing disc error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repairing disc error: "Repairing disc errors. This might take an hour to complete." This statement is written on my screen with a black background and with DELL logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disc-error/ff7d32f8-d676-4463-a7ba-3c1adabed83c
  3. repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair disc: Hi, have made a backup to my Windows 10 PC, and was offered to create a repair disc, I used a usb flash as usual, but got a note that say [The system repair disc could not be created][Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try...
  4. repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    repair disc: Hi, have made a backup to my Windows 10 PC, and was offered to create a repair disc, I used a usb flash as usual, but got a note that say [The system repair disc could not be created][Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try...
  5. repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  7. Windows repair disc

Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  8. System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Repair Disc: Win10 v.2012 Build 19042.685 Is there other Media than a DVD disc, I can use to prepare such, and of what capacity need it be? 170887
  9. win10 repair disc

win10 repair disc: How to make a win10 repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-repair-disc/e698be65-1bdd-4a35-9e38-fbc464eebe3f
  10. Disc D Repair

Disc D Repair: Does the Scanning and Repair option work or can I buy a disc repair tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-d-repair/7555a9cf-bec8-4ac0-8471-e4301946058f