Windows 10: Disc usage pretty much always full

Discus and support Disc usage pretty much always full in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Now I don't have a very powerful laptop but its not usually this bad. So my computer just struggles to open, run and do pretty much everything and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Majestichellium, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Disc usage pretty much always full

Now I don't have a very powerful laptop but its not usually this bad. So my computer just struggles to open, run and do pretty much everything and doesn't even type sometimes because all my disc is being used by ''service host: local system 16'', ''software reporter tool'', ''antimalware service executable'' and ''system'' is there any way to make them use less disc space. My computer actually blue screened for the first time because I opened fortnite which has never happened before. Thanks to anyone who reads or gives advice.

:)

Majestichellium, Sep 27, 2022

2. Task Manager indicates 99-100% disc usage

Hi,

About your issue regarding your PC. Mostly the issue occur if your not cleaning your PC. Like for example: Not removing the file that you don't need or always cleaning your cache. We suggest you to check this article:

How to fix disc usage in Windows 10
    . This article contains troubleshooting steps for you to fix the issue.

Regards.

Phillip Pio, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Disc Usage at 100%

Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I started going through your list of suggestions.

I have switched off all background apps. I was horrified to see so many.

I then disabled windows update.

At that stage I thought I would check out disc usage on task manager.

Disc activity had gone down dramatically and in the performance tag activity was very low, it spiked from time to time if I did something on the PC but the speed on all activity was back to normal.

I thought I would leave things as they were and see if things stayed the same.

No problems at all until this afternoon I was trying to look at a file via windows explorer and got the message "not responding". A quick look at task manager and disc activity is 100% again. Everything slows down. I close down some screens and the desk
    top turns black.

The only way I can get a display up again is "alt" + "tab". The task bar has disappeared. I decided to reboot but the only way I can do that is with the on'/off switch.

The PC reboots. I check that all the apps are still switched off and windows update is still disabled, Disc activity is still 100%.

As I type this disc activity has suddenly dropped. it keeps spiking to 100% but then reverts back to about 12%.

Is this normal or is there something else I should do.

Back to 100% now. How do I find out what is actually happening, what activity is the disc doing?

I am confused.

Any suggestions?

Michael_209, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Disc usage pretty much always full

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Disc usage pretty much always full

1. Disc usage pretty much always full - Similar Threads - Disc usage pretty

2. disc is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disc is full: disc is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-is-full/4eedd621-b622-4bc2-9ad5-a0e48630f66e
  3. disc is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disc is full: disc is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-is-full/4eedd621-b622-4bc2-9ad5-a0e48630f66e
  4. Disc usage pretty much always full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc usage pretty much always full: Now I don't have a very powerful laptop but its not usually this bad. So my computer just struggles to open, run and do pretty much everything and doesn't even type sometimes because all my disc is being used by ''service host: local system 16'', ''software reporter tool'',...
  5. Troubles Connecting to Pretty Much anything

Troubles Connecting to Pretty Much anything: I have an issue where everything on my computer doesn't load pretty much anything on the first try. This happens on anything I use on the computer whether it be a video game or trying to load a google website. I don't know what the issue is and was wondering what it could be...
  6. Laptop pretty much dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop pretty much dead: So, I turned my laptop Dell Studio 1745 on for the first time in a couple of months and was using it happily, but it suddenly blue screened I assume an update?. It then refused to boot along with artifact bars on the screen as if the graphics card or screen had suddenly...
  7. Laptop pretty much dead

Laptop pretty much dead: So, I turned my laptop Dell Studio 1745 on for the first time in a couple of months and was using it happily, but it suddenly blue screened I assume an update?. It then refused to boot along with artifact bars on the screen as if the graphics card or screen had suddenly...
  8. Laptop pretty much dead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. 100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%: Hey guys I'm currently having a huge problem... I recently changed my hard drive cause of the random 100% disc usage spikes... Well to no sucess that didn't work. It still causes major spikes i've noticed it mainly happens when i download something. I've tried disabling...
  10. Windows 10 pretty much usually at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 pretty much usually at 100% disk usage: This is a different computer with a new installation. My computer comes to a halt. I will click on something and have to wait awhile before the program begins. I will open a window and wait until it opens. I click close and the window remains there and finally closes a bit...