Windows 10: Discard old networks properties on my laptop's?

Discus and support Discard old networks properties on my laptop's? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to discard old (now irrelevant) networks properties on my laptop? Thank you all in advance for your help. Fernando... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by San Simom, May 6, 2019.

1. San Simom Win User

Discard old networks properties on my laptop's?

How to discard old (now irrelevant) networks properties on my laptop? Thank you all in advance for your help.

Fernando

:)

San Simom, May 6, 2019
  2. profecks Win User

Deleting an old network ID

Thank you for reply. I regret that i have done exactly what you suggest (many times). The old network disappears but only reappears shortly thereafter. The old network was associated with a Netgear modem (it’s long been discarded). Any other ideas greatly
    apprecuated.

profecks, May 6, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 6, 2019
  4. Discard old networks properties on my laptop's?

how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      Discard old networks properties on my laptop's? 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    Discard old networks properties on my laptop's? 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    Discard old networks properties on my laptop's? 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    Discard old networks properties on my laptop's? 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Discard old networks properties on my laptop's?

1. Discard old networks properties on my laptop's? - Similar Threads - Discard old networks

2. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue. This seems the same behaviour as previously reported here...
  3. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue. This seems the same behaviour as previously reported here...
  4. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...

Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue - users are upset at the change though. Has anyone seen this? Our networking properties on several computers randomly started showing things like for IPV4 : @%systemroot%/system32/drivers/tcpip.sys, -10100 . Only...
  6. Network connection properties

Network connection properties: Hi, I'm unable to open properties of any network connection on my computer. I'm in "Network connections" aplet and when I click RMB choose properties nothing happens. All my drivers are up to date. Thank you in advance for your help....
  7. How to change a network channel in my wireless network properties

How to change a network channel in my wireless network properties: I have low bandwidth and I heard that some neighbors may be on the same channel.. currently Network Channel 11. How do I change it to another "less occupied" channel. My IP settings are Automatic (DHCP) and the Network Channel "11" is greyed out?...
  8. Network properties empty

Network properties empty: Does anyone know why I have no options for the network adapter, either of them on my SP3? [ATTACH] Fig 2 [ATTACH] But on my other SP3 the options are available for both network adapters in the network properties Fig 3 [ATTACH]...
  9. Discard Supermo.exe for good!

Discard Supermo.exe for good!: A couple weeks ago, I discovered that the tech company from India was a scam of $500. I then deleted Supremo.exe off my computer. Today, its icon keeps popping up when I keep hitting "Exit". I would like Supremo.exe discarded for good so that icon never pops up again! :(...
  10. network properties in settings

network properties in settings: When I look at network properties in settings there is a "copy" button. When I click on the copy button where does the computer put the copy. I would like to print it....