Windows 10: Discoloration on certain applications

Discus and support Discoloration on certain applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vic.Cast, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Vic.Cast Win User

Discoloration on certain applications

When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with the default Photos app, the colors are very off. Attempting to calibrate my color management on my display will not help, as it will affect everything, and will still result in the aforementioned applications displaying the incorrect color hues.I attempted to change the cable from Display-port to HDMI but that was not the

:)

Vic.Cast, Oct 3, 2022
  2. mfern1969 Win User

Discolored movies

I just had an update to Windows 10, and now when I try to play movies on any movie player, the picture comes up discolored. Everything is gray or a dark blue tint. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution?

mfern1969, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade: text input issue in specific applications

Hello Andras,

You may not be able to use the keyboard on certain applications due to a missing language bar. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below about how to bring the missing Windows file back:

• Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe in the Run
      box.
    • Click Enter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Angela Pun, Oct 3, 2022
  4. R-T-B Win User

Can someone just open a W10 support.

As a suggestion, it would be kinda cool if we could exclude certain thread categories from the "recent threads" list.

R-T-B, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Discoloration on certain applications - Similar Threads - Discoloration certain applications

2. Sudden screen discoloration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden screen discoloration: Was using the family computer when suddenly notice the screen had a purple teal hue I guess you can say. I tried a lot of things and still haven't fixed it.Confirmed monitor and cable worksDid a sfc/dism scanMoved around Ram sticksUpdated gpu driversVirus scan with windows...
  3. Sudden screen discoloration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden screen discoloration: Was using the family computer when suddenly notice the screen had a purple teal hue I guess you can say. I tried a lot of things and still haven't fixed it.Confirmed monitor and cable worksDid a sfc/dism scanMoved around Ram sticksUpdated gpu driversVirus scan with windows...
  4. Screen Discoloration for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Discoloration for no reason: Hello,So in the night of January 5, I am done doing my task and my screen is still good there are no errors but suddenly the next day I am seeing like weird color,here are the screenshotsI tried updating the graphics driver bit it didnt work,I tried using the restore points...
  5. Screen Discoloration for no reason

Screen Discoloration for no reason: Hello,So in the night of January 5, I am done doing my task and my screen is still good there are no errors but suddenly the next day I am seeing like weird color,here are the screenshotsI tried updating the graphics driver bit it didnt work,I tried using the restore points...
  6. Discoloration on applications except for dock bar Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on applications except for dock bar Windows 11 Pro: Hello Microsoft!Just in the past 2 days, for no reason at all, my computer has been discolored. I noticed that, when using applications such as Discord or Chrome even, everything turns to a purple-ish hue. This has not every happened to me before, as I have just switched to a...
  7. Discoloration on applications except for dock bar Windows 11 Pro

Discoloration on applications except for dock bar Windows 11 Pro: Hello Microsoft!Just in the past 2 days, for no reason at all, my computer has been discolored. I noticed that, when using applications such as Discord or Chrome even, everything turns to a purple-ish hue. This has not every happened to me before, as I have just switched to a...
  8. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  9. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  10. SCREEN DISCOLORATION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCREEN DISCOLORATION: MY SCREEN CHANGED COLOUR AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE. WENT FROM PINK TO GREEN TO GHOSTING. TRIED RESTORE TO EARLIER DATE, UPDATING AS RECOMMENDED, AND RESETTING BUT PROBLEM REMAINS....