Windows 10: disconecting from an unwanted public wifi

Discus and support disconecting from an unwanted public wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to disconnect from a wifi network but the system wont let me. It wont allow me to troubleshoot either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasJackson7, Nov 22, 2018.

1. disconecting from an unwanted public wifi

I want to disconnect from a wifi network but the system wont let me. It wont allow me to troubleshoot either.

:)

ThomasJackson7, Nov 22, 2018

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Fourstaff Win User
    Public WiFi Not safe.

This, my friend, is the reason why I only use the public wifi for news and such.

Fourstaff, Nov 22, 2018
  4. disconecting from an unwanted public wifi

Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi

Hi Craig,

Let me verify some information to help us sort out this issue regarding connecting to a public. Allow me to ask the following:

• Were you able to connect to your company's public wifi before?
    • Can your tablet connect to a different public wifi?
    • Is Airplane mode disabled on your tablet?

Before looking into the other settings, please make sure that the Airplane mode is turned off on your tablet, then try to reconnect. If you're able to connect to your company's wifi before, then I suggest that you forget the network from your tablet first
    before you reconnect to it. Just navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks > select the company's wifi, then hit
    Forget. Once done, reconnect to the network and see if it works. If not, reboot or restart your tablet and try again.

Please update this thread with the result so we can further check on it if the issue persists.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

disconecting from an unwanted public wifi

1. disconecting from an unwanted public wifi - Similar Threads - disconecting unwanted public

2. Wifi Issues Not Appearing and Random Disconection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Issues Not Appearing and Random Disconection: Whenever I connect to my Wifi, the wifi icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen appears like this:I am not sure as to why this is happening. Also, the wifi will disconnect randomly and, as the password won't save for same reason, I have to manually re-enter the...
  3. Wifi Issues Not Appearing and Random Disconection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Issues Not Appearing and Random Disconection: Whenever I connect to my Wifi, the wifi icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen appears like this:I am not sure as to why this is happening. Also, the wifi will disconnect randomly and, as the password won't save for same reason, I have to manually re-enter the...
  4. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  5. Computer Keeps disconecting with my wifi

Computer Keeps disconecting with my wifi: This has been happening for a while, i select a wifi then after playing, browsing for a while the internet seems to stop or get very slow, even more during downloads, when i click on internet iconwifi icon on the task bar it appears empty or with the connected wifi only and...
  6. Changing wifi settings from public to private

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing wifi settings from public to private: I have seen the same question being asked with the same answer that apparently does not exist: I want to change my WiFi connection from public to private. The suggestion I keep seeing is: On the right side of the taskbar, select the Wi-Fi network icon. Under the name of...
  7. changing WIFI from public to private

changing WIFI from public to private: win 10 is saying NOT CONNECTED TO NETWORK but I can go to YOUTUBE and every where else except in my own lan I went to settings....where there is supposed to be an option to pick public or private network BUT THE OPTION IS NOT THERE I have researched the internet inclubing...
  8. Wifi connect: Suddenly disconect Wifi.

Wifi connect: Suddenly disconect Wifi.: when i used wifi about a litlle time( 30Min) my wifi had disconnected, i had tried to connect agian, i see my wifi turn of then turn on and notice " can't connect to this network" after i updated win 10 at May this proplem had appeared in win 7 or 8 working normally...
  9. wifi keeps switching from private to public

wifi keeps switching from private to public: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem on my laptop (Windows 10 home, ver 1803). My wireless connection worked for a year and a half without any problems, but this morning it suddenly switched from private to public and its name from the right one to "unidentified...
  10. public wifi msftconnnecttest

public wifi msftconnnecttest: Hello I continue to have problems connecting to public wifi sites which require a login page to accept terms. I am redirected automatically (regardless of browser I use) to msftconnecttest/redirect which goes to nowhere. No one seems to be able to help me solve this issue....