Windows 10: Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

Discus and support Disconnect and reconnect File History drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to find the way to disconnect my drive after a backup has run. I do not want the drive to be connected all the time but just connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David 63362, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

I have been trying to find the way to disconnect my drive after a backup has run. I do not want the drive to be connected all the time but just connect it a few times a day or when anything major changes. I have noticed that the external drive runs even when there is no activity and I cannot remove the drive using the "eject hardware" task. If I were able to connect and disconnect this drive at will, my backup plans would be complete.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I hope everyone has a safe and sane Fourth of July.

***Original Title: External USB HDD and file history***

:)

David 63362, Jul 5, 2019
  2. GaryBetty Win User

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Jul 5, 2019
  3. How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my device, I got a notice to reconnect my device I don.t know how please help

marydonato, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

Hi Hite,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

This message occurs if your File History drive has been disconnected for long time.

In order to assist you better please confirm a few of things:

• When exactly do you get this popup?
    • What is the exact popup message are you getting?

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article “Reconnect your File History drive” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/reconnect-your-file-history-drive

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

1. Disconnect and reconnect File History drive - Similar Threads - Disconnect reconnect File

2. reconnect file history drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reconnect file history drive in windows 10: step by step instructions to reconnect file history drive in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reconnect-file-history-drive-in-windows-10/1167421c-24ef-48b6-82c6-aa61467639b8
  3. reconnect file history drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reconnect file history drive in windows 10: step by step instructions to reconnect file history drive in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reconnect-file-history-drive-in-windows-10/1167421c-24ef-48b6-82c6-aa61467639b8
  4. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to "reconnect your File History drive".: I have a Dell windows 10 tower PC. It's about maybe 5 yrs old, it's warranty expired. It wasn't used for a wile. So now I've been getting this message to reconnect my file history drive. I finally tried to see if I can fix it. I clicked on 'stop using drive' under settings,...
  5. Reconnecting my file history drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reconnecting my file history drive: I am VERY technology disabled along with having a learning disability. So I need your answer broken down please in very easy instructions. I need to do the above subject and I have no idea where to start to do this? Thank you in advance....
  6. File History Drive disconnect

File History Drive disconnect: Hello, I turned File History on around the 1st of march just to see what it did. Now, when I try to disconnect it Windows complains and says 'This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device and then try again.' I tried...
  7. Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long

in Windows 10 News
    Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long: [ATTACH]It is very important to always keep the important files on your computer backed […] This article Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. reconnect file history

reconnect file history: I have tried all the steps however som of them aren't for my version of windows which is version 2004 os build 19041.508 on an xps 7590 dell computer. I tried to back up my files to a seagate 1tbyte hard drive but once I disconnect it within a short time the pop up saying...
  9. How to reconnect my file history drive?

How to reconnect my file history drive?: I need help to reconnect my file history drive, there is nothing wrong with the drive, it has lots of memory available. The problem with the drive is that the owner is not so smart sometimes and actually click the disconnect button in file history just to see what it did, yes...
  10. File History - reconnect your drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History - reconnect your drive?: [img] 82331

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file history drive reconnect

2. plex how to reconnect my file history drive

3. how to reconnect file history win 10

4. how to reconnect to a network drive,
  5. how do i reconnect my file history,
  6. fil3e reconnect,
  7. reconnect file history drive,
  8. reconnect file history,
  9. reconnect file history file windows 10,