Windows 10: disconnect current wifi connection and connect to a different connection using windows 10

Discus and support disconnect current wifi connection and connect to a different connection using windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have not been able to find the place to disconnect from wifi connection?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thefis, Sep 7, 2018.

1. thefis Win User

disconnect current wifi connection and connect to a different connection using windows 10

I have not been able to find the place to disconnect from wifi connection?

:)

thefis, Sep 7, 2018

2. Disconnected from Ethernet, WiFi still connected

Hello,
    For the past 6 months I have had terrible internet issues, there was a problem within my area according to Virgin Media which was resolved 2 months ago. However occasionally I still get disconnected, but my Wifi stays on.

My PC is connected to the router via 2 powerline adapters. All devices which are connected to router wirelessly are fine and have a consistent high-quality connection. Whereas my PC has an inconsistent and sometimes low-quality connection. My speeds however remain optimal, around 46 Mbps download / 2.92 Mbps upload. The quality however is sub-par:

disconnect current wifi connection and connect to a different connection using windows 10 [​IMG]

Sometimes I have around 2 - 10% packet loss.
    Any ideas on why the PC connection isn't perfect whereas the Wifi connections are?

Jezzabeanz, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

disconnect current wifi connection and connect to a different connection using windows 10 [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

Kari, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

disconnect current wifi connection and connect to a different connection using windows 10

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. disconnect current wifi connection and connect to a different connection using windows 10 - Similar Threads - disconnect current wifi

2. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  3. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  4. Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option...: Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option under Network & InternetHi I’m running into some concerns, my laptop is currently connected into the wifi, however, sometimes it would suddenly disconnect, and the WIFI option was not...
  5. Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option...: Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option under Network & InternetHi I’m running into some concerns, my laptop is currently connected into the wifi, however, sometimes it would suddenly disconnect, and the WIFI option was not...
  6. Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi connects and disconnects randomly

Wifi connects and disconnects randomly: I recently purchased the MSI gp65 leopard 10sfk-047 and immediately I started experiencing a problem with the wifi. It would disconnect every 15 minutes give or take, and then reconnect again after a few seconds. Its the intel wifi 6 ax201 card. Can you please help? I tried...
  8. WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using

WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using: Hello, Windows 10 (64 bit, build 1903 and build 1809 before that) occasionally drops my router's WiFi. This is on a Thinkpad X1. I can recover in a couple of ways: Run the network troubleshooter which resets the adapter and thereby brings back the network. Manually...
  9. Use different wifi connections in different virtual desktops

Use different wifi connections in different virtual desktops: I have my personal laptop at work, which I use for both work purposes and also for personal purposes. My work provides wifi access, which I need to use to access IP authenticated services they provide, but as I also use my laptop for personal stuff, I have a personal wifi...
  10. Wifi connection keeps disconnecting

Wifi connection keeps disconnecting: Hey, guys, so I go to college and I use my school's Wifi. My roommates don't have this problem so it's just me. Whenever it disconnects, I go to the Network and Sharing Center to diagnose it. When I diagnose it, it fixes it and I get this (attached an image). But after...