Windows 10: Disconnect from Microsoft account on PC without needing the password and other things

Discus and support Disconnect from Microsoft account on PC without needing the password and other things in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can't disconnect my account from my pc cause i don't remeber my account,and i can't press on "i forgot my password" because it asks me questions that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by IWannaBeTracer, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Disconnect from Microsoft account on PC without needing the password and other things

I can't disconnect my account from my pc cause i don't remeber my account,and i can't press on "i forgot my password" because it asks me questions that i don't remeber with what i have responded( i responded with random things cause i didn't care at that time) and now i can't log in with this account,is there anyway i can disconnect from an account without knowing the info about it?

:)

IWannaBeTracer, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 24, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Disconnect from Microsoft account on PC without needing the password and other things

Local Account getting "You Need to Fix Your Microsoft Account for apps..."

Hi Bob,

As per the information, I suggest that you convert the local account into a Microsoft Account and then switch back to local. To do so follow the steps below

To convert the account, you can do the following:

• On the Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

• Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.

• Click Switch.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.

• Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Disconnect from Microsoft account on PC without needing the password and other things

1. Disconnect from Microsoft account on PC without needing the password and other things - Similar Threads - Disconnect Microsoft account

2. Password to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password to Microsoft account: After having my computer serviced, I decided to change the password to log in. I wonder if I have to change the password on email @outlook.com or on the computer. And one more question, if I change the password online in the email, will it be a new Windows password?...
  3. open pc without password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    open pc without password: how to eliminate need for passwords to open pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-pc-without-password/2208d4f6-8f55-4381-bc51-02cab71841f0
  4. Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password: Hi, When I purchased my laptop, the vendor created a local account without a password. However, I linked my MS account to this local account but still, it is not asking for any password to unlock. I don't want to create a local password but like to have the same MS account...
  5. microsoft account is disconnected email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft account is disconnected email: My Microsoft account is an email that no longer works & is disconnected. I accessed my Microsoft Account & tried to change it to my new email but all I was able to do is add the new email as a secondary. How can I change the Main email on record, which is no longer in...
  6. Forgot pc password but remember pin and Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot pc password but remember pin and Microsoft account password: I was having some trouble today. i was trying to boot into safe mode (for a different reason) and it would not let me log in. From my understanding the admin password and the Microsoft password are different. I know both the Microsoft password and the pin winch i use to log...
  7. How to fresh install without microsoft account or password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to fresh install without microsoft account or password: f14tomcat and Bree - thank you guys. I'm hanging my head in shame - for being too idle and panic stricken to read the tutorials first instead of screaming for help. Problem solved! Come the weekend I will find the time to refresh my memory by re-reading that and some of the...
  8. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Password: Is there a way to force an user to change their Microsoft Account password at next logon? 98260
  9. Onedirve wants password from other account.

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedirve wants password from other account.: Switched my ms account back to gmail, however onedrive is asking for outlook account password. How do I correct this. Henry 73620
  10. what are the common things you need a microsoft account for?

in Windows 10 Support
    what are the common things you need a microsoft account for?: 1. you dont need a microsoft account to update 10, yes? 2. what are the common things you need a microsoft account for? 107121