Windows 10: Disconnect non OS drives (C:) during installation.

Discus and support Disconnect non OS drives (C:) during installation. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anybody know if there is a way to disconnect drives (other than the current OS C: drive) without physically unplugging them? I get confused when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kol12, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Kol12 Win User

Disconnect non OS drives (C:) during installation.

Does anybody know if there is a way to disconnect drives (other than the current OS C: drive) without physically unplugging them? I get confused when I see the other drive partitions where I'm going to install Windows but I also find physically unplugging the drives a pain. Is this possible with some motherboard BIOS or can be done through Windows or the installation media?

:)

Kol12, Aug 27, 2020
  2. little cat, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

iv'e had too many problems to list like that, thats why i suggested disconnecting the original drive(s) and using the BIOS to choose what drive to boot from.

Mussels, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Toothless Win User

OS drive disconnecting while in use

Okay so my SSD (listed in specs) keeps disconnecting itself while my desktop is in use. What happens is I'll be sitting there and suddenly progams stop working and crashing. Then Task Managerwwon't come up, followed by more programs and background services and then a BSOD.

When it reboots the SSD isn't listed until I disconnect the power and boot it. Works for a bit, then drops again.

Halp plz. I'm missing out on WCG crunching.

Toothless, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Disconnect non OS drives (C:) during installation. - Similar Threads - Disconnect non drives

2. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  3. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed: Recently my work computer had its C drive wiped because of a poor setup and no where to find the administrator key or encryption. Was decided that a full clean harddrive was the way to go. Unfortunately, this has made the computer unusable and apparently has no OS? I've tried...
  4. C drive was wiped - no OS system is installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 16MB partition on newly installed non OS drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    16MB partition on newly installed non OS drive?: Does anyone happen to know why Macrium Reflect shows my Crucial MX500 as having a 16MB partition when none of my other drives do with the exception of my OS drive? Conversely the partition in question doesn't appear Disk Management. Screenshot-2021-04-04-175902 — ImgBB 177125
  6. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...
  7. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...
  8. C Drive Formatted and no OS installed

C Drive Formatted and no OS installed: I have a problem. I accidentally formatted my C drive when I was going to install windows 10. So the condition now is I don't have any os installed. The worst thing is the C drive is formatted too. Please help. I want to install windows 10 using bootable disk but it says...
  9. Need to Disconnect Non OS Drives Before Upgrading to Windows 10?

Need to Disconnect Non OS Drives Before Upgrading to Windows 10?: The Windows 10 guide at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html states "Temporarily disconnect all non OS hard drives until Windows installation has finished. This is to avoid Windows Setup from installing files on other hard drives by mistake." I'm about to...
  10. Is it still necessary to remove non-OS disks during installation?

Is it still necessary to remove non-OS disks during installation?: With Vista/7/8/8.1, having more than 1 HDD/SSD physically attached meant that the system partition(s) could potentially be on any disk. Is this still the case in 10, or has Microsoft finally fixed this bug? 35284