Windows 10: Disconnect the display option is missing.

Discus and support Disconnect the display option is missing. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I'm not sure what is going on, but my "disconnect display" option is missing from my display settings. It was there the day before yesterday, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amanda2023, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Disconnect the display option is missing.

Hello!I'm not sure what is going on, but my "disconnect display" option is missing from my display settings. It was there the day before yesterday, and I'm not aware of any windows update that rolled out, but it's gone now. There is no option under "Advanced Setting" to not utilize the monitor as well. I would like to not have to turn the monitor off itself, but to use the windows setting. Is anyone aware of a fix for this issue? Most of the google responses just say "turn off the monitor."Thanks!

:)

Amanda2023, Dec 1, 2023

2. Disconnect this display option is missing

Normally, if you want to disconnect a display, you just go to the display options and click "disconnect this display". But that option is missing here. Also for some reason I can't change the main display. Can someone help me? I have 3 displays, but I
    need only 2 of them.

simonstollwerck, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

Disconnect the display option is missing.

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Disconnect the display option is missing.

1. Disconnect the display option is missing. - Similar Threads - Disconnect display option

2. Disconnect the display option is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnect the display option is missing.: Hello!I'm not sure what is going on, but my "disconnect display" option is missing from my display settings. It was there the day before yesterday, and I'm not aware of any windows update that rolled out, but it's gone now. There is no option under "Advanced Setting" to not...
  3. Disconnect the display option is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disconnect the display option is missing.: Hello!I'm not sure what is going on, but my "disconnect display" option is missing from my display settings. It was there the day before yesterday, and I'm not aware of any windows update that rolled out, but it's gone now. There is no option under "Advanced Setting" to not...
  4. Wireless display option missing, can't cast to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display option missing, can't cast to TV: Lenovo laptop, Win 11 installed, AMD Radeon Graphics.I have updated drivers. No problems with wi-fi. No display found when casting to wireless TV. Tried to add display. Win 11 won't add.Has worked in the past. Computer will detect display after I reboot laptop, turn off TV,...
  5. Wireless display option missing, can't cast to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless display option missing, can't cast to TV: Lenovo laptop, Win 11 installed, AMD Radeon Graphics.I have updated drivers. No problems with wi-fi. No display found when casting to wireless TV. Tried to add display. Win 11 won't add.Has worked in the past. Computer will detect display after I reboot laptop, turn off TV,...
  6. Wireless display option missing from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display option missing from Windows 11: Hi,I have Lenovo laptop Ideapad 3, 15ALC6. I can't cast from laptop to Chromecast device. In dxdiag I got information that Miracast is not supported by graphic driver, Wi-Fi driver is OK.Does this means that hardware is responsible for not supporting Miracast or problem is in...
  7. Wireless display option missing from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless display option missing from Windows 11: Hi,I have Lenovo laptop Ideapad 3, 15ALC6. I can't cast from laptop to Chromecast device. In dxdiag I got information that Miracast is not supported by graphic driver, Wi-Fi driver is OK.Does this means that hardware is responsible for not supporting Miracast or problem is in...
  8. displays disconnect consistently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    displays disconnect consistently: Hi, so I have a problem with my pc and would like some help. I run 2 55" flat screen tv's as monitors. I do use HDR on my main monitor and not my secondary. And i have my main monitor set to 120hz and my secondary to 60hz. They are different model TV's. My secondary tv will...
  9. Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10: hi My pc has running windows 10 pro 64 bit current latest version in windows 10 2020/04/30 My Problem is - Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10 Plz i won Quickly answer to this problem...
  10. Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options: Windows 10 1809 is missing most Display settings under the Advanced setting in Power Options. Options like dim display, adaptive brightness, etc are all gone after 1809. I've tested on a clean install and an upgrade... same. What's frustrating is Windows enables adaptive...