Windows 10: Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

Discus and support Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SeCrEt BoY, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw windows disconnect my monitor. Is that weird?
    Is there something wrong with my 1080Ti?

:)

SeCrEt BoY, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

1. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor - Similar Threads - Disconnected Connected Sound

2. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  3. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  4. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  5. Sound turns off when I turn on my mic

Sound turns off when I turn on my mic: So I have had Windows 10 for a while, and I just built my first desktop. I purchased the iDeaPlay V206 headphones to go with it. Whenever I turn on my my mic is being used, my sound cuts out. I have OBS on my computer because I love to record and edit videos. I don't use my...
  6. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  7. Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off

Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off: Hello everybody! Sorry for any error but I am from Italy. I have a problem with Windows 10 installed on my Macbook Pro Retina 13". When I am in battery mode and monitor turns off for the energy saving (whatever interval time I choose), if I have not any app using the...
  8. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...
  9. when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?

in Windows 10 Support
    when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?: I changed it to never turn off my display. Yet it keeps reverting back to 15 mins. Any ideas what is causing this? 46555
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252