Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

Discus and support Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SirChick, May 25, 2018.

1. SirChick Win User

This is literally driving me to insanity.

I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device.

It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected device sound, the device manager refreshes the list.

I noticed also the task bar of open windows flash when it happens. I dunno why this is happening, it is driving me insane. Please help i need solutions to this problem, i don't know where to being to solve this problem.

:)

SirChick, May 25, 2018
  2. Waldy Win User

Just installed Windows 10 and now get a chiming sound every few seconds

Hi there,

what is causing this constant chiming noise on a new Windows 10 upgrade?

It sounds a bit like a notification, but the are no notifications. It happens every few seconds.

Waldy, May 29, 2018
  3. Waldy Win User
    Just installed Windows 10 and now get a chiming sound every few seconds

Hi there,

the issue has now gone away. It turned out to be the USB connect / disconnect sound. For some reason my Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 keyboard was connecting and disconnecting every few seconds. I rebooted and this did not fix the issue.
    However, I unplugged the keyboard and then plugged it back in and the problem appears to have resolved itself.

Waldy, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds - Similar Threads - Disconnected device sound

2. Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.: I was going to print something for someone on another computer which recently updated from v. 1511 to v. 1803, but the printer was not listed so I attempted to add it. First, I tried the normal method, of adding the printer through the Settings app. However, I was immediately...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices: We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no...
  4. In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...: I run Windows 10 Pro (1803) with Outlook 2013. I have two live.com accounts one of which is my Windows login account. I installed a BIOS update and a Support Assistant update from Dell. The machine rebooted and I was able to login using my PIN. When I started my Outlook, I...
  5. Bluetooth device not getting paired with mobile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device not getting paired with mobile: Hi, I'm using HP Pavilion x360 convertible, my laptop Bluetooth is not getting connected with the mobile device - Android. Using Windows 10 on the laptop. Kindly let me know how to sort this out....
  6. Uknown Device - How to Remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uknown Device - How to Remove: Hello, I have upgraded my windows to win 10 version 1803 after the upgrade I ended up with an unknown drive on Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) the hardware id property shows "BTH\MS_BTHL2CAP" how can remove these driver , after an uninstall attempt it keeps coming back...
  7. Computer will constantly freeze at second windows boot wheel

Computer will constantly freeze at second windows boot wheel: I'm beyond frustrated and I've run out of patience and ideas on how to fix this I apologize in advance for the long wall of text you're about to read but I'm at my wits end and I'm all out of ideas on how to fix this issue as I've tried literally every fix available both on...
  8. April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG: My desktop WILL NOT UPDATE. Have had no problems with other PCs. ASRock Z77 Extreme4 i7-3770 2x2gb and 2x4gb ballistix tracer ram (12gb total) ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX GPU What files do I need to post?...
  9. Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?: I want to be able to backup files and folders onto an external drive without them being combined into some sort of Windows image file, like Backup and Restore Windows 7 feature does. The File History backup does what I want, but I don't want to keep previous versions of...
  10. Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install

Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install: Win10 Dotnetfx.exe keeps on downloading and fails to install. It then downloads again and again and again ad infinitum. How can this be stopped or fixed? DISM doesn't fix it. Scannow doesn't fix it....