Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

Discus and support Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SirChick, May 26, 2018.

1. SirChick Win User

This is literally driving me to insanity.

I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device.

It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected device sound, the device manager refreshes the list.

I noticed also the task bar of open windows flash when it happens. I dunno why this is happening, it is driving me insane. Please help i need solutions to this problem, i don't know where to being to solve this problem.

:)

SirChick, May 26, 2018
  2. Waldy Win User

Just installed Windows 10 and now get a chiming sound every few seconds

Hi there,

what is causing this constant chiming noise on a new Windows 10 upgrade?

It sounds a bit like a notification, but the are no notifications. It happens every few seconds.

Waldy, May 29, 2018
  3. Waldy Win User
    Just installed Windows 10 and now get a chiming sound every few seconds

Hi there,

the issue has now gone away. It turned out to be the USB connect / disconnect sound. For some reason my Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 keyboard was connecting and disconnecting every few seconds. I rebooted and this did not fix the issue.
    However, I unplugged the keyboard and then plugged it back in and the problem appears to have resolved itself.

Waldy, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds - Similar Threads - Disconnected device sound

1. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  2. AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

in Windows 10 Support
    AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so: Since installing Windows 10 I've been bothered by "Device Disconnected" sounds about every 10 seconds or so. I just turned off the sound until I could investigate further. I found that the AES2501B fingerprint reader device is the culprit as disabling it stopped the...
  3. USB Devices keep disconnecting

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Devices keep disconnecting: Hello , I have a problem with my USB devices. All devices keep disconnecting for like 1-3 seconds. This problem appeared after i reinstalled Windows. I tried a lot of fixes but it didnt work. ( tried windows 7/8.1/10 , update drivers , disable power management shuting down...
  4. No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events: So I just installed Windows 10 and been trying to get the right drivers on my gear. Everything was fine until after I installed a ASIO audio driver for a mixer. Now I don't have any Event Sounds when I plug or unplug devices. Tried uninstalling the ASIO drivers and...
  5. Unknown Device Disconnected sounds

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Device Disconnected sounds: I am getting numerous Device Disconnected sounds and occasionally Device Connected sounds. I am trying to trace the source of these and started looking in the event logs. There does not appear to be any events with Critical or Error tags showing. Should the Device...
  6. Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically: Win 10 v1709 64-bit. From time to time the PC speakers will emit one or more device connect and/or disconnect sounds. Sometimes it will also do this when I plug an iPhone charger into an electrical outlet in the same room but separate from the one the PC is plugged into. This...
  7. Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly: I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10. I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes every minute. Sometimes not as frequent but usually very frequent. I have noticed a few things - In task manager the...
Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds solved