Windows 10: Disconnected Maped Drive

Discus and support Disconnected Maped Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Day All I hope been having this endless fault with my windows 10 Pro PC that is on a domain. I have a p drive that I have mapped from my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrTboss, Jul 17, 2019.

1. MrTboss Win User

Disconnected Maped Drive

Good Day All

I hope been having this endless fault with my windows 10 Pro PC that is on a domain.

I have a p drive that I have mapped from my windows server 2016 . This is a pastel drive. after a couple of day after windows re-installation I have the same fault.

The drive get mapped twice and the other drive has a red x and with a different drive letter. both drives can open with the same content but my pastel application is not working as it gives me a error message of "error loading registration object".

I have been having this issue for a very long time now can you please help. Please refer below to a screen shot.

Disconnected Maped Drive 78e8d622-6f0a-4100-87a5-fd202ec91b17?upload=true.png

:)

MrTboss, Jul 17, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Disconnected Maped Drive :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 17, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jul 17, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Disconnected Maped Drive

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Disconnected Maped Drive

1. Disconnected Maped Drive - Similar Threads - Disconnected Maped Drive

2. Printer maped to lpt4.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer maped to lpt4.: Printer maped to lpt4. Command "copy plik.txt lpt4" nothing to do. What wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-maped-to/23664aa0-2aaa-45c2-b563-cbcd30e1f5f6
  3. Printer maped to lpt4.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer maped to lpt4.: Printer maped to lpt4. Command "copy plik.txt lpt4" nothing to do. What wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-maped-to/23664aa0-2aaa-45c2-b563-cbcd30e1f5f6
  4. USB Drive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive Disconnecting: Hello.Whenever I plug in my USB Drive it doesn't appear in File Explorer, and it keeps playing the disconnecting sound.Can someone help?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-disconnecting/e426688c-10e3-4dce-9a2c-c99841dcbedf
  5. External hard drive constantly disconnecting and disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive constantly disconnecting and disconnecting: I have a brand new device and I tried to plug in my hard drive to retrieve some of my files but the hard drive kept disconnecting from my device and I was unable to keep it open for more than two minutes at a time. Sometimes it would show the error message "a device which...
  6. Disconnected Network Drive or Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disconnected Network Drive or Folder: Perhaps someone out there has a simple solution to this. I have two computers running Windows 10, and one of those computers has a mapped network drive (specifically a folder). Accessing files on that folder is quite simple, but sometimes it disconnects. If I attempt to...
  7. Mapped drive "Disconnected"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped drive "Disconnected": So I'm having a issue where a mapped drive Windows 10 is showing Disconnected with the red X sometimes when powering on.. Even though it's saying it's disconnected I can still access all the files in it.. The main part of the issue is a software is pulling data from the...
  8. Disconnected Drive Notification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnected Drive Notification: [ATTACH]Greetings, My mapped network dive often doesn't reconnect when my computer reboots (picture). Sometimes I get a notification (shown to the right), but this is very rare. Is it possible to get notification every time my network drive doesn't reconnect during a...
  9. Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials: HI i want to deploy all users SharePoint documentation map via group policy. but i am facing a challenge since the user are prompted for password. my Active directory Domain is test.local but i have hosted my SharePoint on different DNS name as sharepont.test.com. the...
  10. Windows 10 Network sharing and maping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network sharing and maping: I Recently put a full version of windows 10 on my computer everything went well and it even showed up my network so i thought OK great. I restarted my computer it then it lost all my network and all my Nas Drivers it only shows the pictures but wont map or see other computer...