Windows 10: Disconnecting a user from a windows session

Discus and support Disconnecting a user from a windows session in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings, I wanted to link a windows 10 session with the account of my son. I wanted this so that he could get all school-related docs anywhere with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Franzmann, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Franzmann Win User

Disconnecting a user from a windows session

Greetings,

I wanted to link a windows 10 session with the account of my son. I wanted this so that he could get all school-related docs anywhere with Onedrive, and so that I could control what he does with parental control.

But I mistakingly linked two windows sessions with his microsoft account. What's more, the second one is the user account with which I grant more free time, but it cannot grant more time to itself. I want to keep this admin account, but I don't want it to be linked with my son's MS account because now this admin session now has his parental control's restrictions.

So, my question is : how to make this admin session is unrelated with my son's MS account? I don't need two sessions linked with my son's MS account.

Thank you, and if I am not clear enough please do not hesitate to ask questions. If you think a link is enough, just give a link.

:)

Franzmann, Sep 13, 2020

2. User switching

I'm running W10 PRO on a desktop and I have the following problem:
    • There are 2 users
    • Both have admin rights and password
    • User1 is logged in
    • Taskmanager, tab users shows User1
    • Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and switch to User2
    • Taskmanager, tab users shows User1(disconnected) and User2
    • Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and switch to User1
    • Taskmanager, tab users shows User1, User1(disconnected) and User2(disconnected)

The previous session of User1 is still there, but under the User1(disconnected) session

My Question is: Why is the previous session not restored and why is a new session started?
    I think this was not the case some time (and updates) ago.

Can anybody please help? Thanks

basvandepavert, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 13, 2020
  4. MainSoft Win User

Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session

Hi,

Let's assume a PC accessing a UNC share (a NAS - \\MYNAS). The first time the NAS is accessed, the user must provide credentials for the share. OK. Now, I want this UNC share to be automatically disconnected when the user logs off, so that he has to reconnect
    when opening the next Windows session. It seems that this was automatic under Windows 7 but Windows 10 appears to cache the credentials. For security reasons in my environment, I don't want this.

How can I force the disconnection of the UNC share whenever the user disconnects from Windows ?

Thanks in advance.

MainSoft, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Disconnecting a user from a windows session - Similar Threads - Disconnecting user session

2. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Email alerts to users with disconnected sessions after 8 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email alerts to users with disconnected sessions after 8 hours: Hi allWe have a couple of servers which allow users to RDP to. We are finding that users are RDP'ing to these servers and then disconnecting, but not logging off; this is leading to performance problems on the servers.We would like to set up an email alert to users who have...
  6. Email alerts to users with disconnected sessions after 8 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email alerts to users with disconnected sessions after 8 hours: Hi allWe have a couple of servers which allow users to RDP to. We are finding that users are RDP'ing to these servers and then disconnecting, but not logging off; this is leading to performance problems on the servers.We would like to set up an email alert to users who have...
  7. The Remote Computer disconnected the session...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Remote Computer disconnected the session...: I'm trying to set up a new PC in my workplace. We use Remote Desktop to connect to our server, which is an ancient win2000 unit, but I've set up plenty of new Windows 10 machines throughout the office and never had this issue. Normally, I enter the address of the server and...
  8. Get time left from Windows Session before the active user is locked out of a session

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Get time left from Windows Session before the active user is locked out of a session: Hello:I would like to know, how much time is left before a user is locked out of it's current windows session in c#. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-time-left-from-windows-session-before-the/52998794-a29b-426e-947f-062d8c964bb2
  9. Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session: Hello, I have my desktop at home setup so that I can use Windows Remote Desktop to remote into it and do work. When I'm done, I usually just close the RDP session window, leaving my computer at home logged in, but locked (because I have other server processes running). If...
  10. No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session: This is rather weird. I connect to a computer using TeamViewer and when I finish and close the session, I get no sound from my speakers. To fix it I go to Services and restart the Windows Audio service. Anyone knows why this happens? Is there any setting in TeamViewer I have...