Windows 10: Disconnecting/connecting and shuffling icons/windows when multiple monitors wake from...

Discus and support Disconnecting/connecting and shuffling icons/windows when multiple monitors wake from... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've seen many topics on this and similar very issues with multiple monitors connected through DisplayPort. Here is a short video showing my exact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by themanformerlyknownas_bob, May 16, 2021.

1. Disconnecting/connecting and shuffling icons/windows when multiple monitors wake from...

I've seen many topics on this and similar very issues with multiple monitors connected through DisplayPort. Here is a short video showing my exact issue - ASUS VG27AQ & PHILIPS 253V7LJAB waking from standby PHILIPS monitor on the left and ASUS on the right. The PHILIPS monitor wakes up no problem and in general has had no issues when previously connected with other monitors, but the ASUS takes longer than it should and disconnects/reconnects and makes the icons shuffle around. Both are connected to an RTX 3070 FE through DisplayPort. If I connect the ASUS th

:)

themanformerlyknownas_bob, May 16, 2021

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 16, 2021
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, May 16, 2021
  4. Disconnecting/connecting and shuffling icons/windows when multiple monitors wake from...

(4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background when background is set to slideshow shuffle

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect the monitors as in the title
    2. Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings

What happens:

2 of the monitors (always adjacent to each other) have the same background.

What should happen:

All 3 monitors should have different backgrounds.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

Judah_Richardson, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Disconnecting/connecting and shuffling icons/windows when multiple monitors wake from...

1. Disconnecting/connecting and shuffling icons/windows when multiple monitors wake from... - Similar Threads - Disconnecting connecting shuffling

2. Desktop Icons Shuffled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Shuffled: Every once in a while, my icons suddenly get shuffled around. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. No, I have not accidentally hit "Auto-Arrange" or anything like that. It just happens. Usually when I'm not logged in, but it just happened right in front of my...
  3. Desktop Icons Shuffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Shuffled: Every once in a while, my icons suddenly get shuffled around. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. No, I have not accidentally hit "Auto-Arrange" or anything like that. It just happens. Usually when I'm not logged in, but it just happened right in front of my...
  4. Desktop Icons Shuffled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect multiple monitors: I cannot connect 2 additional screens to my acer laptop. I am running windows 10. One works fine through the hdmi port, but due to me only having one hdmi port i bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter but neither monitor seems to work through this adapter, whereas both monitors work...
  6. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connect multiple monitors: I cannot connect 2 additional screens to my acer laptop. I am running windows 10. One works fine through the hdmi port, but due to me only having one hdmi port i bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter but neither monitor seems to work through this adapter, whereas both monitors work...
  7. connect multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DisplayPort monitor disconnects when waking

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DisplayPort monitor disconnects when waking: I recently upgraded to a new monitor (MSI Optix G271) and wanted to take advantage of the 144Hz refresh rate, which my old video card (Radeon HD5850) can only support via DisplayPort. Everything works great except for the fact that whenever the monitor goes to sleep after...
  9. Multiple monitors - Windows move about when PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multiple monitors - Windows move about when PC wakes from sleep: I'm running Windows 10 on an iMac Pro 27", with an additional two monitors connected via the Mac's two Thunderbolt ports. Previously the two additional monitors were Dell 2007WFPb screens, connected to the computer via DVI cables via adapters for the Thunderbolt ports. All...
  10. Connecting multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting multiple monitors: How can I connect 2 additional monitors to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/connecting-multiple-monitors/0d49605f-1f19-4071-ab95-082d37038a0e