Windows 10: Disconnecting from the internet

Discus and support Disconnecting from the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet connection has been acting strangely ever since I updated Windows yesterday. I can see the available networks, but when I try to connect,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SalmonAd, Mar 19, 2024.

1. SalmonAd Win User

Disconnecting from the internet

My internet connection has been acting strangely ever since I updated Windows yesterday. I can see the available networks, but when I try to connect, it says "Limited access" or "No internet connection." I've tried restarting my computer and router, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else encountered this after a recent update? Is there a fix I can try?

:)

SalmonAd, Mar 19, 2024

2. Internet disconnection

I don't know why I have disconnection while using the Internet. Is it due to the ISP or the router or modem? The modem and router all have lights on. It disconnected for less than 30s then back on.

mrthanhnguyen, Mar 19, 2024
  3. INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 19, 2024
  4. onehp1 Win User

uTorrent disconnecting my internet connection

AT&T wasn't much of a help. All they suggested was to replace my router and modem with their products.

The disconnections never happen when I surf the web

onehp1, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

1. Disconnecting from the internet - Similar Threads - Disconnecting internet

2. Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games: Hi! So not sure if this is the cause, but I recently got a new monitor 4k Ultra Wide LG, and pretty much since then, whenever I get on online games and discord, my connection to these both will stop after about 5-10 minutes. It did happen before I got this monitor maybe once...
  3. Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games: Hi! So not sure if this is the cause, but I recently got a new monitor 4k Ultra Wide LG, and pretty much since then, whenever I get on online games and discord, my connection to these both will stop after about 5-10 minutes. It did happen before I got this monitor maybe once...
  4. Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop windows11 is having trouble again, its with internet it disconnects.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop windows11 is having trouble again, its with internet it disconnects.: My laptop used to be good a few months ago when I got it brand new, 1 month later is started to have internet problems, making it disconnect several times a day, not even 5 minutes in a program it will disconnect.The issue is something about the internet settings or something...
  6. My laptop windows11 is having trouble again, its with internet it disconnects.

My laptop windows11 is having trouble again, its with internet it disconnects.: My laptop used to be good a few months ago when I got it brand new, 1 month later is started to have internet problems, making it disconnect several times a day, not even 5 minutes in a program it will disconnect.The issue is something about the internet settings or something...
  7. Internet keeps disconnecting when trying to connect remote desktop. How to prevent the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps disconnecting when trying to connect remote desktop. How to prevent the...: I am trying to use remote into my computer using remote desktop. I leave my computer on before establishing a remote connection. However as I establish a connection and login from my ipad using the rd client, my computer disconnects from the internet and I get an error 0x204...
  8. Internet keeps disconnecting when trying to connect remote desktop. How to prevent the...

Internet keeps disconnecting when trying to connect remote desktop. How to prevent the...: I am trying to use remote into my computer using remote desktop. I leave my computer on before establishing a remote connection. However as I establish a connection and login from my ipad using the rd client, my computer disconnects from the internet and I get an error 0x204...
  9. Internet keeps disconnecting

Internet keeps disconnecting: Hello.I have an asus laptop, with windows 10, or 11. I'm not sure.My internet keeps on randomly disconnecting, and when I try to reconnect to my Wi-Fi, it says "couldn't connect to network."...
  10. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps disconnecting: Hello.I have an asus laptop, with windows 10, or 11. I'm not sure.My internet keeps on randomly disconnecting, and when I try to reconnect to my Wi-Fi, it says "couldn't connect to network."...