Windows 10: Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes

Discus and support Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with my wifi where i disconnect from the wifi every 5-10 minutes and reconnects afterwards. Its really bugging me, because i can´t do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marius Greisler Mølbak, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes

I have a problem with my wifi where i disconnect from the wifi every 5-10 minutes and reconnects afterwards. Its really bugging me, because i can´t do anything.

Its a new wifi adapter, but i had the same problem with the "old" one i refunded it because i thought it was a hardware problem, but since both of them had the same problem idk.

I have installed drivers and ive tried to uninstall and reinstall and so on.

The problem is that every time i uninstall with software i have to download the driver manually from the internet, that means i have to move my whole pc close to the modem to run ethernet so i can download the driver from the website.

I can´t do that every day, bcs it takes like 30 minutes and it only fixes the problem until i turn my pc off and back on again.

Im really starting to become mad and insane of all the internet searching and fixing ive tried to do.

Ive also tried this:

Changing power management

Uninstall in device manager and restart and reinstall drivers again.

PS: Its not always 5-10 min, yesterday it only disconnected once, but today it has done it reguarly every 5-10 min. Some fixes have actually helped, but only temporary and it would have tyhe same problem when i turn on the pc again. The pc is new and is pretty powerful.

:)

Marius Greisler Mølbak, Apr 2, 2021

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes [​IMG]

theveterans, Apr 2, 2021
  3. WI FI disconnect after few minutes

Hi Team,

I am using DELL VOSTRO 2520 with WINDOWNS 10.

I received update for windows, after updating windows my laptop get disconnected from WI-FI after few minute, I have to troubleshoot problem in every 10min. One time it show as NO GATEWAY.

kindly Suggest.

Mangal Dev Sharma, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Anak Win User

Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes

1. Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes - Similar Threads - Disconnecting every minutes

2. My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...: i have unchecked the wifi adaptor button that alowes it to get turned off when it needs to save power and i have also done a network reset...
  3. My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...: i have unchecked the wifi adaptor button that alowes it to get turned off when it needs to save power and i have also done a network reset...
  4. Every 20-30 minutes, sound starts crackling and my laptop disconnects from wi-fi for 5-10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every 20-30 minutes, sound starts crackling and my laptop disconnects from wi-fi for 5-10...: See topic title. I've updated drivers and software, run antivirus checks, and made sure this doesn't happen to other devices on the network It doesn't. Any ideas? I was recently victim of a Gmail hack and I'm wondering if the hackers affected my computer in some way too....
  5. Every 20-30 minutes, sound starts crackling and my laptop disconnects from wi-fi for 5-10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every 20-30 minutes, sound starts crackling and my laptop disconnects from wi-fi for 5-10...: See topic title. I've updated drivers and software, run antivirus checks, and made sure this doesn't happen to other devices on the network It doesn't. Any ideas? I was recently victim of a Gmail hack and I'm wondering if the hackers affected my computer in some way too....
  6. Wi-fi connection disconnecting every 5-15 minutes and only being resolved by disconnecting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi connection disconnecting every 5-15 minutes and only being resolved by disconnecting...: Hello, for the past week and a half, I've been having lots of network problems that have been extremely frustrating. Every 5-15 minutes, my connection will just disappear, and I will have to disconnect and re-connect to my network. Due to the fact that I game a lot, this is...
  7. Wi-Fi disconnects internet access every 10-15 minutes

Wi-Fi disconnects internet access every 10-15 minutes: Every 10-15minutes my Windows 10 computer has an internet connectivity issue. When the issue occurs: - A constant ping to Google DNS <8.8.8.8> drops for 10-25packets - A constant ping to my router/default gateway <192.168.0.1> drops for 10-25packets - VOIP software...
  8. WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes

WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes: Hello- I have a Dell G7 laptop with windows 10 installed. When I am on my home wireless network, my computer disconnects itself from the network every 5-10 minutes. I have troubleshooted this problem and tried many methods of fixing it. When I do trouble shoot, I always get...
  9. Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?

Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?: Hi, For about 3 days now, my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting & reconnecting literally every few minutes for no obvious reason? My PC is a HP Pavilion running the latest version of Windows 10. The only thing differently recently that I can think of, is that there was a couple of...
  10. Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.

Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.: I am having issues with my computer, I'm on windows 10. My wifi disconnect every 5-ish minutes, when I reconnect the wifi adapter, it works for 5 minutes and disconnects again. Works on all other devices, I tried to update/install network drivers, but I can't figure out how....