Windows 10: Disconnecting from wi-fi

Discus and support Disconnecting from wi-fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi: Gone are the days when Windows was easy and sensical … either that or I'm getting too old too fast and my brains are leaking out of my ears …... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Name Withheld ByRequest, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Disconnecting from wi-fi

Hi: Gone are the days when Windows was easy and sensical … either that or I'm getting too old too fast and my brains are leaking out of my ears … whatever! It used to be that we could disconnect from the internet/wi-fi by right-clicking the mouse on the Internet icon in the right lower hand taskbar and choose to disable internet with just a click of the mouse. No such thing any more, and Virtual Agent doesn't have a clue! There are times when I want to leave my programs open but close my internet connection, without putting my PC to sleep. Right now, Window's answer to this is to click on Notifications, click on Network, and good luck figuring out how to disconnect, if there's even an option for that … I sure couldn't find one! Vitrual Agent couldn't get it through her thick skull that I wanted to disconnect … all she wanted to do was CONNECT me! If you can help, bless your heart … but there's no great rush, as there's a snowstorm on the way and I'm heading to the grocery store before it hits. Thanks so much in advance ! From Susan in Wisconsin ❄☃

:)

Name Withheld ByRequest, Nov 10, 2019

2. Wi-Fi disconnect

Windows doesn't disconnect a properly working WiFi. Mine NEVER disconnects since the last time I restarted my computer. I suggest to check for near-by WiFi radios to see if your channel is too crowded or if all the channels are crowded, just switch to 5 GHz band like mine
    Disconnecting from wi-fi [​IMG]

theveterans, Nov 10, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Wi Fi

Hi Chris,

If your connection to a Wi-Fi network is being disconnected automatically, it could mean that the network adapter drivers are outdated, or the Wi-Fi profile doesn't match, etc. For us to assist you properly in your connection issue, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Does the issue happen when connecting only to the Wi-Fi from your work? Or, does it happen when connecting to a different network?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Nov 10, 2019
  4. logman Win User

Disconnecting from wi-fi

Wi-Fi disconnect

My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same sway. Sometimes I have to go to the troubleshooter and it determines that the "network adaptor" needs to be reset. Others using the same Wi-Fi do not have this problem and my cell phone never looses it's connection. Does any one have a solution?.......

logman, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Disconnecting from wi-fi

1. Disconnecting from wi-fi - Similar Threads - Disconnecting

2. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  3. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  4. Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly: Hello, I am here today about an odd issue with my internet connection. It seems to be random, perhaps every 30 minutes but not exactly sure. The wifi will disconnect, and I need to go back into the wifi connections in order to reconnect it. This issue is occuring on a laptop...
  5. Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly

Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly: Hello, I am here today about an odd issue with my internet connection. It seems to be random, perhaps every 30 minutes but not exactly sure. The wifi will disconnect, and I need to go back into the wifi connections in order to reconnect it. This issue is occuring on a laptop...
  6. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  7. My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router

My notebook disconnects from the network a few meters from the router: My notebook is an Aspire 3 with Windows 11. In the beginning it used to get WiFi like any other device, it could get quite far from the router which still had a strong and stable connection, but it has been a long time since it started to lose connection to the network Just...
  8. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!: My laptop's wifi keep disconnecting and shows no internet access and when i try to connect again to my home wifi then it won't connect...and after some time of trying to connect to the wifi back....The list start to shows there is no wifi availaible..To Fix this i have to run...
  9. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting...!!: My laptop's wifi keep disconnecting and shows no internet access and when i try to connect again to my home wifi then it won't connect...and after some time of trying to connect to the wifi back....The list start to shows there is no wifi availaible..To Fix this i have to run...
  10. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...