Windows 10: Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system

Discus and support Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings, I have an older home-built system for which I had Windows 10 on it. I removed Windows 10 because I want to use this version for a brand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Keith R. Starkey, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system

Greetings,

I have an older home-built system for which I had Windows 10 on it. I removed Windows 10 because I want to use this version for a brand new system I'm building. I didn't realize at the time I removed Windows from the old system that I needed to follow instructions to disconnect the license so that it will be free to use on my new system.

So, without Windows installed on my old system, is there still a way to disconnect it from that system?

Thanks.

Keith

:)

Keith R. Starkey, Apr 6, 2019

2. System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Will this power supply run this system?

I was temporarily running the system listed in my System Specs on a Rosewill 500W PSU from 6 years ago with just the 4-pin CPU power connector after my OCZ GameXStream 700W died (after only 3 years). It ran just fine. I disconnected my optical drive and temporarily set everything back to default clock/voltage settings just to make sure.

Water Drop, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system

System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system

1. Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system - Similar Threads - Disconnecting license old

2. Obtaining licenses for old operating systems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obtaining licenses for old operating systems.: I am going to be refurbishing/building computers from the Windows 7 era, but they are going to have to run Windows XP. Since I can't limit myself to only using chassis with Windows XP keys on them, is there another way to acquire copies? I found a company that produces...
  3. Obtaining licenses for old operating systems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Obtaining licenses for old operating systems.: I am going to be refurbishing/building computers from the Windows 7 era, but they are going to have to run Windows XP. Since I can't limit myself to only using chassis with Windows XP keys on them, is there another way to acquire copies? I found a company that produces...
  4. New system old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New system old hard drive?: Hi, I'm building a new system soon, but I have a question. I just have this hard drive with Windows on it and keep the old drivers and everything. How can I avoid a new installation of Windows now? Can I just uninstall all the old drivers and integrate them into the new...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 license to new build without access to old system.

Transfer Windows 10 license to new build without access to old system.: Long story short, my previous system had a catastrophic failure where the motherboard, cpu and HDD no longer function it's an 8 year old system so while I expected it to kick the bucket at some point, I certainly did not foresee this kind of damage. I remember having to...
  6. Tranfer operateing system from old surface to new one

Tranfer operateing system from old surface to new one: I had to buy a new surface I7 to replace one that hve died the new one came with windows 10 home which was a little disappointing as my prevous one came with windows pro Is there anyway to tranfer the old operateing system to my new surface...
  7. Old to new computer in system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old to new computer in system: Hello. When I try to get an app in my MS account it states it is downloading to my old computer not my mew one. It downloads but does it matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-to-new-computer-in-system/187f43c9-ad1d-4c76-81fb-2c2cff0ace5e
  8. Transferring an old product key to a new system

Transferring an old product key to a new system: I could use some clarification on how product keys work, it's been a long time since I had to think about windows installations. I've been using the same copy of windows for a long time, I've upgraded it from windows 7 to windows 10, but have had the same product key for a...
  9. Use an "old" system disk on a "new" computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use an "old" system disk on a "new" computer: Hello My "old" (10 yea rs) computer crashed (motherboard and processor) but the system disk is still readable I had a new computer built with the latest hardware When I sttart to boot from the "old" system disk, after a few seconds, I have a "Blue Screen Of Death" (I have no...
  10. Cloning a new system disk from an old (not in use) system disk...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning a new system disk from an old (not in use) system disk...: I need to create a new boot disk for a laptop I was using. I have the Windows 10 Home system disk that WAS in that laptop. I want to take the O/S OFF that disk and put it on a DIFFERENT disk.... I plugged both disks into a different PC, fired up Easus Todo Backup and did a...