Windows 10: Discord beeping when deleted and closed

Discus and support Discord beeping when deleted and closed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my discord is beeping but i deleted it even from recycle bin but it's still beeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RejectedCape38, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Discord beeping when deleted and closed

my discord is beeping but i deleted it even from recycle bin but it's still beeping

:)

RejectedCape38, Oct 11, 2018

2. discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Palutena Win User
    Can't download Discord

have you tried deleting Discord from %appdata%, and reinstalling it?

or updating your machine?

a combo of the two worked for me when i had problems starting Discord too

Palutena, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Rol87 Win User

Discord beeping when deleted and closed

no beeps at bootup

When i turn it on the fans do spin, I tried DanTheBanjoman's suggestion and no beeps I took ram out and no beeps, I took battery and ram out and still no beeps I even tried a video card and still no beeps.

Rol87, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Discord beeping when deleted and closed

1. Discord beeping when deleted and closed - Similar Threads - Discord beeping deleted

2. Pc becoming unresponsive and mouse cursor beeping when moved after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc becoming unresponsive and mouse cursor beeping when moved after closing a game: This has been a recent issue and it only started happening a couple of days ago, where my pc becomes completely unresponsive after I close my games tab to open for instance google chrome. Also my mouse cursor can move, however, every time I move it, it creates a beeping sound...
  3. Pc becoming unresponsive and mouse cursor beeping when moved after closing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc becoming unresponsive and mouse cursor beeping when moved after closing a game: This has been a recent issue and it only started happening a couple of days ago, where my pc becomes completely unresponsive after I close my games tab to open for instance google chrome. Also my mouse cursor can move, however, every time I move it, it creates a beeping sound...
  4. How to stop beeping noise when I close my laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop beeping noise when I close my laptop lid: Hi, I have a dell inspiron 15 windows 11. When I close the lid it it makes a beeping noise but is fine as soon as I open it up. It makes the noise when it starts to sleep....
  5. How to stop beeping noise when I close my laptop lid

How to stop beeping noise when I close my laptop lid: Hi, I have a dell inspiron 15 windows 11. When I close the lid it it makes a beeping noise but is fine as soon as I open it up. It makes the noise when it starts to sleep....
  6. "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even open....
  7. I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it: I don't know if this is the best place to ask but... I've had a problem were I open Discord and it stays on a grey screen, stuck there. I tried uninstalling the folder in AppData but everytime I try, a window pops up and says I can't delete the folder because it's damaged...
  8. Microsoft Deleted My Discord

Microsoft Deleted My Discord: I was going through my things in one drive, and deleted everything, because it was my school's account, and it thought I wanted everything in there. but it deleted, mostly everything on my desktop and some important files from Discord too, including its ability to open,...
  9. Discord stops responding and get close randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Discord stops responding and get close randomly: Source Discord Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎01-‎10-‎2020 07:49 Status Report sent Description Help! Here's the reliability info - A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path:...
  10. Interruptions and beeps when typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interruptions and beeps when typing: I think I must have pressed something unconsciously. When typing, if I am very quick the characters appear on screen normally. With slightly slower keying I get a beep and the entry is not accepted until after a significant pause. I gather that I may have activated sticky...