Windows 10: Discord Errors

Discus and support Discord Errors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to delete a folder for the app Discord, but it claims to be open on another program, which isn't true. This is extremely aggravating and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Faith Jenkins, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Discord Errors

I'm trying to delete a folder for the app Discord, but it claims to be open on another program, which isn't true. This is extremely aggravating and I'm very angry with this. I cannot download Discord or delete the Discord folder, and I want to know why.

:)

Faith Jenkins, Jun 19, 2019

2. Discord Errors

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while deleting the discord folder. Given the issue that you are facing, I would suggest you to refer the article by Microsoft to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    . Once your Windows 10 is in safe mode, please proceed with deleting the Discord folder. After the process is complete, boot the PC back to normal mode by following the 'Note' section within the same article and then
    download Discord.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    discord javascript error

Hi Vulcons, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

There are a couple of directories you can delete when you're getting installation errors with Discord. Deleting the directories should clean up the problematic files, allowing Discord to be installed again.

Here's a link to a Discord tutorial that explains what to delete:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

There are a couple of extra troubleshooting steps at the end of that article too.

Once you've tried this, please let me know if you're still having trouble! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Discord Errors

discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Discord Errors

1. Discord Errors - Similar Threads - Discord Errors

2. discord crash and powershell error in even viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    discord crash and powershell error in even viewer: Application: powershell.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 51B02B73 51AF0000 with exit code 80131506.--------------Faulting application name: powershell.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3085, time...
  3. discord crash and powershell error in even viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    discord crash and powershell error in even viewer: Application: powershell.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 51B02B73 51AF0000 with exit code 80131506.--------------Faulting application name: powershell.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3085, time...
  4. Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.: I recently just got a new PC and when I tried to run discord, not only did it not work, but I also received this weird error message, just wondering what are some possible causes and possible fixes for this....
  5. Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.

Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.: I recently just got a new PC and when I tried to run discord, not only did it not work, but I also received this weird error message, just wondering what are some possible causes and possible fixes for this....
  6. Neither my steam or discord is working, both pull error codes, I’ve tried system recover,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neither my steam or discord is working, both pull error codes, I’ve tried system recover,...: Any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/neither-my-steam-or-discord-is-working-both-pull/bba65281-205c-4e83-8aad-41a1b1985596
  7. Neither my steam or discord is working, both pull error codes, I’ve tried system recover,...

Neither my steam or discord is working, both pull error codes, I’ve tried system recover,...: Any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/neither-my-steam-or-discord-is-working-both-pull/bba65281-205c-4e83-8aad-41a1b1985596
  8. Discord: Oops, You’ve caught an ultra rare error

in Windows 10 News
    Discord: Oops, You’ve caught an ultra rare error: [IMG]This post features solutions to fix Oops, You’ve caught an ultra rare error in Discord. Discord offers extensive features, including voice and video chat, instant messaging, and community-based servers. However, some users have complained about the Oops, You’ve caught an...
  9. Discord Awaiting Endpoint error [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Discord Awaiting Endpoint error [Fixed]: [IMG]When trying to join the voice channel to communicate with our peers, Discord keeps waiting for the endpoint and doesn’t establish the required connection. In this post, we will talk about the same and see what should be done if we see Awaiting Endpoint in Discord. How do...
  10. Discord Installation error

Discord Installation error: Hi, I am using windows 11 OS and I am not able to install Discord on my PC. I had the same when I had windows 10 on the same PC. I tried downloading it through official discord website but this cameI also tried downloading it through Microsoft store but this error camePls...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. discord javascript error