Windows 10: Discord Images showing as Files on Windows PC

Discus and support Discord Images showing as Files on Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Discord, the Instagram for gamers, has a lot of errors regardless of the fact that most of its users are computer literate. As of late, Discords... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 1, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

Discord Images showing as Files on Windows PC

Discord Images showing as Files on Windows PC [​IMG]
    Discord, the Instagram for gamers, has a lot of errors regardless of the fact that most of its users are computer literate. As of late, Discords images are showing as files on Windows computers and this has been concerning a lot of users. In this post, we are going to talk about this issue and […]

This article Discord Images showing as Files on Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Louie_101 Win User

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Jun 1, 2023
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 1, 2023
  4. Hellsome Win User

Discord Getting Suspended.

Hello sirs/mams, having a bit of an issue with discord. Every time I try to open discord it just doesn't work, It gets suspended each time in my task manager. What I've tried

1. Uninstalled A/V and then tried Discord
    2. Firewall OFF
    3. Reinstalled Discord and Discord Beta
    4. Used an Uninstaller for complete uninstall and reinstall
    5. Went into safe mode
    6. Cleared all discord AppData and local apps data
    7. Tried killing it from cmd but it shows the app is not running
    8. A complete PC scan using Malwarebytes and Kaspersky.
    Windows Version - 1909, My other machine on the same network is able to run discord flawlessly with A/V and firewalls on. And one more weird thing I noticed is that the uninstallation tab for the discord
    seems empty or glitched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Discord Images showing as Files on Windows PC 93bca12f-4840-46ac-a9b4-72f525c94a8d?upload=true.png

Hellsome, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Discord Images showing as Files on Windows PC - Similar Threads - Discord Images showing

2. Not Showing Images for 16bit tiff files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Showing Images for 16bit tiff files: I have read the threads re: not seeing tiff Thumbnails in Windows Explorer. I have cleared the cache, all temp files, restarted over and over again. These are mostly 16bit tiff photos. It displays jpg's fine. It happened out of the blue after a re-start when Outlook slowed...
  3. Pc is turning on, but no image is showing on monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc is turning on, but no image is showing on monitor: Hello! Sorry in advance if I sent this on the wrong forums. I've been having problems with my pc some days ago after moving it from one place to another. My dad and I checked everything we could cables, monitor, ram, gpu but nothing really seems to help. The specs...
  4. Pc is turning on, but no image is showing on monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc is turning on, but no image is showing on monitor: Hello! Sorry in advance if I sent this on the wrong forums. I've been having problems with my pc some days ago after moving it from one place to another. My dad and I checked everything we could cables, monitor, ram, gpu but nothing really seems to help. The specs...
  5. Pc is turning on, but no image is showing on monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner: Hello! As the title says, my Discord notifications are not showing up on my screen. I get the notification noise but it no longer pops up in the corner. my notifications are enabled in both Discord and the notifications in the windows settings. I thought to ask here about...
  7. Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner: Hello! As the title says, my Discord notifications are not showing up on my screen. I get the notification noise but it no longer pops up in the corner. my notifications are enabled in both Discord and the notifications in the windows settings. I thought to ask here about...
  8. Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. discord on PC slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    discord on PC slow?: hello, so i've been having a problem with discord these past months, for whatever reason it seems to run slow on my pc, and im using an ethernet, all the other websites are ultra fast, its just the problem with discord, not just the actual program, but even the web browser...
  10. Download Discord files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Discord files?: Hello I want to download on a disk server all files images, video etc. But if I don't want to download each file separately, there is a way to download them all at once Discord Dateien herunterladen?