Windows 10: Discord Installation error

Discus and support Discord Installation error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using windows 11 OS and I am not able to install Discord on my PC. I had the same when I had windows 10 on the same PC. I tried downloading it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by geralt_007, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Discord Installation error

Hi, I am using windows 11 OS and I am not able to install Discord on my PC. I had the same when I had windows 10 on the same PC. I tried downloading it through official discord website but this cameI also tried downloading it through Microsoft store but this error camePls help

:)

geralt_007, Nov 27, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

discord

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in downloading Discord app on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to install Discord?

If you are using an anti-virus, I would suggest you to disable it temporarily and check.

Note: If you disable the security software or firewall, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

If disabling the anti-virus doesn’t help, we can perform a Clean Boot on the computer.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article How to perform a
    clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If Clean Boot doesn’t work, we can create a new user account and check.
    Refer the article Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

You can also try removing the left over files of Discord by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Window logo key + R to open Run window.
    2. Type %appdata% and press
      Enter
    3. From the path that will open delete the %AppData%/Discord and %LocalAppData%/Discord folders.
    4. Restart your computer in the end.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Discord Installation error

discord javascript error

Hi Vulcons, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

There are a couple of directories you can delete when you're getting installation errors with Discord. Deleting the directories should clean up the problematic files, allowing Discord to be installed again.

Here's a link to a Discord tutorial that explains what to delete:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

There are a couple of extra troubleshooting steps at the end of that article too.

Once you've tried this, please let me know if you're still having trouble! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Discord Installation error

1. Discord Installation error - Similar Threads - Discord Installation error

2. discord installation problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    discord installation problem: I'm here to ask about the discord installation code 0x8a150006, I looked for someone who had the same error and tried to use the code Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$$_.InstallLocationappxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode} in command prompt,...
  3. Can't install discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install discord: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-discord/1e41b06d-627e-480f-b58f-4c2b6c0806ad
  4. not able to install discord

not able to install discord: i was having problem on discord thus unistalled it and now downloaded it back. have been trying to install it but it shows error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-discord/d1045da2-a37c-4967-82bc-dd67825f249f
  5. not able to install discord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to install discord: i was having problem on discord thus unistalled it and now downloaded it back. have been trying to install it but it shows error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-discord/d1045da2-a37c-4967-82bc-dd67825f249f
  6. Discord Installation problem

Discord Installation problem: Hi,I am using windows 11 OS and I am not able to install Discord on my PC. I had the same when I had windows 10 on the same PC. I tried downloading it through official discord website but this cameI also tried downloading it through Microsoft store but this error code came...
  7. Discord Installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord Installation error: Hi, I am using windows 11 OS and I am not able to install Discord on my PC. I had the same when I had windows 10 on the same PC. I tried downloading it through official discord website but this cameI also tried downloading it through Microsoft store but this error camePls...
  8. Discord not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Discord not installing: No matter what i do discord wont install i have run antivirus and nothing i run the discord installer as admin and nothing i restarted my pc and nothing i dont know what to do it keeps saying install failed...
  9. Discord not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Discord not installing: I have tried to install discord many times but it will not install. I have tried clearing appdata\local and appdata\roaming and its has not been open in task manager but discord will not install. Here is log:...
  10. Discord Errors

Discord Errors: I'm trying to delete a folder for the app Discord, but it claims to be open on another program, which isn't true. This is extremely aggravating and I'm very angry with this. I cannot download Discord or delete the Discord folder, and I want to know why....