Windows 10: Discord issue

Discus and support Discord issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What would cause my laptop screen to flash a black screen? Thought it was game related but when voice chatting my screen has flashed black requiring me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by auroken, Jun 6, 2020.

1. auroken Win User

Discord issue

What would cause my laptop screen to flash a black screen? Thought it was game related but when voice chatting my screen has flashed black requiring me to open and close the lid to get my screen working again (only ever happens while voice chatting).

:)

auroken, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 8, 2020
  3. discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Discord issue

Discord Errors

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while deleting the discord folder. Given the issue that you are facing, I would suggest you to refer the article by Microsoft to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    . Once your Windows 10 is in safe mode, please proceed with deleting the Discord folder. After the process is complete, boot the PC back to normal mode by following the 'Note' section within the same article and then
    download Discord.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Discord issue

1. Discord issue - Similar Threads - Discord issue

2. Bluetooth Headphones Issue: Discord Blocks Other Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Issue: Discord Blocks Other Audio: I have noticed that when using my JBL Tune 720BT Bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 computer, I can only hear the sound from one program while using Discord. This means that when I'm chatting on Discord, I cannot hear the sound from YouTube or League of Legends. However,...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones Issue: Discord Blocks Other Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Issue: Discord Blocks Other Audio: I have noticed that when using my JBL Tune 720BT Bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 computer, I can only hear the sound from one program while using Discord. This means that when I'm chatting on Discord, I cannot hear the sound from YouTube or League of Legends. However,...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones Issue: Discord Blocks Other Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth discord issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth discord issues: Whenever I open up Discord my Bluetooth becomes ear-shatteringly loud for a few moments no matter how low the volume is. Any fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-discord-issues/f2960c83-0b29-4a4f-9d69-9785556a79ff
  6. Bluetooth discord issues

Bluetooth discord issues: Whenever I open up Discord my Bluetooth becomes ear-shatteringly loud for a few moments no matter how low the volume is. Any fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-discord-issues/f2960c83-0b29-4a4f-9d69-9785556a79ff
  7. Discord Screen Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord Screen Sharing Issues: Recently I've been unable to stream Fortnite on Discord whenever Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Google Chrome is opened in the background.This issue only occurs with Fortnite streams on Discord, and I've gone through numerous e-mails back and forth with support from them trying...
  8. Discord Screen Sharing Issues

Discord Screen Sharing Issues: Recently I've been unable to stream Fortnite on Discord whenever Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Google Chrome is opened in the background.This issue only occurs with Fortnite streams on Discord, and I've gone through numerous e-mails back and forth with support from them trying...
  9. Sound issues with Bluetooth Headphones and Discord after updating to windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issues with Bluetooth Headphones and Discord after updating to windows 11.: So i recently updated my Pc to Windows 11 and tried joining a Discord call with friends. My audio device at that time were my Bluetooth Headphones wich include a microphone. Immediatly after joining the call the music i had in the background went off and i couldnt hear my...
  10. Sound issues with Bluetooth Headphones and Discord after updating to windows 11.

Sound issues with Bluetooth Headphones and Discord after updating to windows 11.: So i recently updated my Pc to Windows 11 and tried joining a Discord call with friends. My audio device at that time were my Bluetooth Headphones wich include a microphone. Immediatly after joining the call the music i had in the background went off and i couldnt hear my...