Windows 10: Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

Discus and support Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Discord is appearing in the "Some desktop apps might not appear in following list or are not affected by this setting" section under Privacy >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tyler Webb, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

Discord is appearing in the "Some desktop apps might not appear in following list or are not affected by this setting" section under Privacy > Microphone, as well as many other applications like Steam and several Steam games. It gives no explanation whatsoever and the article linked did nothing to help. I've searched online for literal hours and no one else seems to be posting about the same problem as me. Please help.

Thank you for your time

:)

Tyler Webb, Jul 19, 2020

2. Microphone only works on Discord.

My microphone only works on discord.

Its at default in the recording settings.

Help

kristiandiez, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to use Microphone

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to use the Microphone of the Headset to talk to people. It would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to use the Microphone?
    • What is the make and model of the headphone?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

However, let me help you with the steps to setup the Microphone. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

You can also try making the Microphone as the default device. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Now, click on Recordings tab.
    4. Now, right click on the Microphone and select
      Set as Default device. Do the same in Playback and
      Recording tab.
    5. Click on OK, and check if the Microphone is working.

For additional information, see
    Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

1. Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason - Similar Threads - Discord Microphone Prohibited

2. Discord isn't Detecting my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord isn't Detecting my microphone: Discord isn't Detecting my microphone and when i go to the Settings, Privacy, Microphone and go to which apps can use my microphone discord isnt there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-isnt-detecting-my-microphone/fe0e52a8-365b-4978-b1f8-e1420957e4aa
  3. Discord isn't Detecting my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord isn't Detecting my microphone: Discord isn't Detecting my microphone and when i go to the Settings, Privacy, Microphone and go to which apps can use my microphone discord isnt there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-isnt-detecting-my-microphone/fe0e52a8-365b-4978-b1f8-e1420957e4aa
  4. Microphone volume low except on discord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone volume low except on discord: Hi Community,, I've been using my Blue snowball mic for quiet some time without problems when on Discord. Today I tried to record a video where the microphone was extremely low volume. I could only really be heard when my mouth was touching the mic itself. It records my...
  5. Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.: I don't know if this is a Microsoft problem but I figured really smart people could help. Problem I am having. I have Discord Open as [Administrator] and able to talk normally and my friends are able to fully hear me, as soon as I open Rainbow Six Siege my Microphone will...
  6. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: Basically I have my mic set up properly but I am not able to access it on any desktop apps outside of Microsoft owned ones. Please help, as this only affects my current computer and not others with the same exact settings....
  7. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: I have gone through all of the regular steps and have my microphone set up on my new laptop and have turned on access to apps. However, after going through all of this microsoft has blocked microphone access to discord or any other games. The link that I have been given is...
  8. Discord microphone problem?

Discord microphone problem?: I'm not heard in the Discord. I have the Sharkoon SGH1 headset It was fine yesterday but apparently I changed something You can't hear me in the voice recorder either Can I get some help with this? Discord Mirkofon Problem?
  9. Microphone only works on Discord.

Microphone only works on Discord.: My microphone only works on discord. Its at default in the recording settings. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-on-discord/b2867288-d343-4ee2-8eed-caa6498d1aab
  10. Prohibited from visiting an online-shop. Is Windows 10 the reason why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prohibited from visiting an online-shop. Is Windows 10 the reason why?: I’m not sure that I’m in the right place in the forum for this question but since it concerns a soft-ware issue I will start here and if it’s wrong, I hope I’ll be directed towards a more suitable spot. From one day to the other I can’t enter a specific online-shop and I...