Windows 10: Discord muffling other pc audio

Discus and support Discord muffling other pc audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello guys! When i'm on a discord call, other media volume gets lowered down, like muffled sound. Plz I can't find any solution! I've tried: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Neverland1000, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Discord muffling other pc audio

Hello guys! When i'm on a discord call, other media volume gets lowered down, like muffled sound. Plz I can't find any solution!

I've tried:

- Updated all drivers

- Discord attenuation to 0%

- Communication tab to ''do nothing''

- Switching to the best studio quality

- Disabled all enhancements

- Took off the Exclusive Mode, ''allow other applications to control this device''

:)

Neverland1000, Mar 24, 2020
  2. LHarding Win User

Audio Muffle when in voice communication

This has been occurring for a while, but I have only recent been getting really annoyed at it. This audio bug seems to waver the audio of the game whenever I have a call going or I am in a chat where
    people can openly talk (such as Discord or Skype). The audio begins to muffle immensely, distort and will constantly change volume levels, however when the volume is louder than the people talking over the communication software this will stop happening and
    the sound will return to normal. When I disconnect from call the audio immediately returns to normal.

I currently use Discord for the majority of my voice communication (I used to use Skype, which had the same problem), and I run on Windows 10 operating system. My audio appears to be "Conexant SmartAudio
    HD" which I have recently updated the driver on. If there are any other system specs that are needed, please request.

I have -do nothing- selected in the communications tab under sound just in case that may have been affecting it.

I hope you can help
    Discord muffling other pc audio smile.png

LHarding, Mar 24, 2020
  3. StormApex Win User
    Audio playback

unfortunately none of the steps that you suggested worked.the audio from the bluetooth headset still stutters and the audio from the wired headset when connected to the motherboard ports sounds muffled or to say with an electronic disturbance if that makes
    sense. theres no audio when the wired headset is connected to the front jacks of the pc. theres three different problems but all of them correspond to the same category

i.e. AUDIO. any further help would be really appreciated.

StormApex, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Discord muffling other pc audio

Audio Muffle when in voice communication

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that the audio begins to muffle immensely, distort and will constantly change volume levels, while using the game.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Which game are you referring to?

• Is the issue specific to this game?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?
    Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check the tool installation status. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere
    with the system. These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Discord muffling other pc audio

1. Discord muffling other pc audio - Similar Threads - Discord muffling audio

2. audio gets randomly muffled when in discord call or when other applications are playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio gets randomly muffled when in discord call or when other applications are playing audio: Whenever i starting playing two things at once sometimes the other things will get randomly muffled. I've already tried most basic things to try and fix it....
  3. audio gets randomly muffled when in discord call or when other applications are playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio gets randomly muffled when in discord call or when other applications are playing audio: Whenever i starting playing two things at once sometimes the other things will get randomly muffled. I've already tried most basic things to try and fix it....
  4. Why is the rest of the audio muffled when i am connected to a discord call?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the rest of the audio muffled when i am connected to a discord call?: There is a issue with the audio system. normally the sound is perfectly fine, but when i join any kind of communication like a discord voice call then the system muffles all background noise and reduces it, it is still pretty clear and understandable, but the muffled sound...
  5. How to fix discord call muffling other audio when im in a call?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix discord call muffling other audio when im in a call?: When i join a discord call, all my other audio gets muffled e.g. youtube, valorant, roblox the sound all gets muffled other than some sounds. I've tried running the troubleshooter but there was nothing wrong. I also tried checking my input and output devices and nothing I do...
  6. How to fix discord call muffling other audio when im in a call?

How to fix discord call muffling other audio when im in a call?: When i join a discord call, all my other audio gets muffled e.g. youtube, valorant, roblox the sound all gets muffled other than some sounds. I've tried running the troubleshooter but there was nothing wrong. I also tried checking my input and output devices and nothing I do...
  7. Discord suppressing all other audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord suppressing all other audio: Whenever i join a call in discord it will muffle everything else and this is super duper annoying. I tried googling it and it tells me to turn off hands free telephony but i am using a wired apple earpeice and cannot find the way to turn it off. I also set the thing where it...
  8. Discord suppressing all other audio

Discord suppressing all other audio: Whenever i join a call in discord it will muffle everything else and this is super duper annoying. I tried googling it and it tells me to turn off hands free telephony but i am using a wired apple earpeice and cannot find the way to turn it off. I also set the thing where it...
  9. Muffled headphone audio

Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  10. Discord muffle pc audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord muffle pc audio: Hello guys, when i'm on a discord call, other media volume gets muffled like lowered down. HELP PLZZZZZ. I've already tried: - Updated all drivers - Discord attenuation to 0% - Communications tab to ''do nothing'' - Switching to the best studio quality - Disabled all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. muffling warzone background sound