Windows 10: Discord Neuinstalliert/ Reinstall not work?

Discus and support Discord Neuinstalliert/ Reinstall not work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Discord due to a problem with my hotkeys. I have all the data and %appdata% & %localappdata% All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Blokkm0nsta, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Discord Neuinstalliert/ Reinstall not work?

Hi I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Discord due to a problem with my hotkeys.

I have all the data and %appdata%
    &

%localappdata%

All discord data deleted.

PC restarted but the discord files are always there again.

Uninstalls again and also tries to reinstall.

Again and again this problem (see screenshot

Discord Neuinstalliert/ Reinstall not work? 0_big.png

:)

Blokkm0nsta, Jun 13, 2020

2. discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Palutena Win User
    Can't download Discord

have you tried deleting Discord from %appdata%, and reinstalling it?

or updating your machine?

a combo of the two worked for me when i had problems starting Discord too

Palutena, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Discord Neuinstalliert/ Reinstall not work?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Discord Neuinstalliert/ Reinstall not work?

1. Discord Neuinstalliert/ Reinstall not work? - Similar Threads - Discord Neuinstalliert Reinstall

2. Discord is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord is NOT working: Discord will not launch on Windows even though I tried I've tried:1. Restarted my system and opened Discord again. Saw if the problem persisted it did.2. Logged in via the Discord web version, which resets the Discord session. It worked. Later launched the app on your PC. It...
  3. Discord is NOT working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord is NOT working: Discord will not launch on Windows even though I tried I've tried:1. Restarted my system and opened Discord again. Saw if the problem persisted it did.2. Logged in via the Discord web version, which resets the Discord session. It worked. Later launched the app on your PC. It...
  4. Sound not working in firefox or discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not working in firefox or discord: yesterday night, sound stopped working in the above mentioned applications. They were working fine on tuesday night, and somewhere inbetween the sound broke. I have tried testing other applications on my pcchrome, flash, civ 6, alarm and none of them have any issues. the...
  5. Sound not working in firefox or discord

Sound not working in firefox or discord: yesterday night, sound stopped working in the above mentioned applications. They were working fine on tuesday night, and somewhere inbetween the sound broke. I have tried testing other applications on my pcchrome, flash, civ 6, alarm and none of them have any issues. the...
  6. Powershell and Discord won’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell and Discord won’t work: Whenever I try and load up the Powershell on my pc it tells me “The code execution cannot proceed because mscoree.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem” im not sure how to do thisAnd with discord it wont let me download it and says “The application...
  7. Mic not working in Discord.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working in Discord.: I just got a new PC and tried playing with my friend on Discord. As it turns out I can either have it so my headphone speakers work or my mic works. Not both. I could do both on my old PC. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/69Human69 [link] [comments]...
  8. Discord doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Discord doesn't work: [ATTACH] When i try do open Discord this happens. It worked fine yesterday, but now this. I tired to reinstall but it doesn't help. I reinstalled Java too. What should i do? submitted by /u/R0mppu [link] [comments]...
  9. discord login button will not work

discord login button will not work: [IMG]so can you fix this pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-login-button-will-not-work/6a0cd3fe-1c3d-4219-afc2-860d79f9e8ff
  10. Microphone only works on Discord.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only works on Discord.: My microphone only works on discord. Its at default in the recording settings. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-on-discord/b2867288-d343-4ee2-8eed-caa6498d1aab