Windows 10: Discord notifications

Discus and support Discord notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason ever since I installed discord on my Windows 10 laptop I won't stop getting discord notifications even though I turned off Discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DuckOS, Mar 29, 2021.

1. DuckOS Win User

Discord notifications

For some reason ever since I installed discord on my Windows 10 laptop I won't stop getting discord notifications even though I turned off Discord notifications in Notification settings.

I know that discord is causing this problem because I keep getting the notification sounds at the same time I get the notification banners for discord messages even though I turned off the sound.

Discord notifications 3baf2f58-9a39-48f3-9ce4-9394269732ac?upload=true.png

:)

DuckOS, Mar 29, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 29, 2021
  3. AlvinP. Win User
    discord notifications not appearing in notification center

When I'm using Discord, I'm not receiving any messages or any sort of notification from the Discord app at all from the notification center in the bottom right corner. I've tried some solutions but they didn't resolve my problem in the end.

I've tried:

- making sure Windows is up to date

- completely removing Discord then reinstalling

- using the 'sfc /scannow' command in the command prompt (cmd)

(Edit) - resetting my entire computer, then reinstalling

Here's a picture of the notifications section, but the Discord app doesn't pop up here.

Discord notifications 64b1f9aa-1bf2-4d02-b64c-6f826bc365a9?upload=true.png

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Alvin

AlvinP., Mar 29, 2021
  4. Louie_101 Win User

Discord notifications

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Discord notifications

1. Discord notifications - Similar Threads - Discord notifications

2. How to keep Discord Notification from disappearing in Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep Discord Notification from disappearing in Action Center: There's this problem that just the discord notification keeps disappearing in the action center so here's a little trick to at least keep it there!Go to Setting > System > Focus assist. Select "Priority only" and done. Hopefully your discord notification will not...
  3. How to keep Discord Notification from disappearing in Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep Discord Notification from disappearing in Action Center: There's this problem that just the discord notification keeps disappearing in the action center so here's a little trick to at least keep it there!Go to Setting > System > Focus assist. Select "Priority only" and done. Hopefully your discord notification will not...
  4. How to keep Discord Notification from disappearing in Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My discord message notification, in the bottom right are not showing more than 5 sec, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My discord message notification, in the bottom right are not showing more than 5 sec, even...: Hi, I followred these steps: https://www.webnots.com/how-to-increase-notification-display-time-in-windows-11/and I restarted the computer without success.I change the value in multiples place in win 11 but my discord message notification only stays for 5 sec, even though in...
  6. My discord message notification, in the bottom right are not showing more than 5 sec, even...

My discord message notification, in the bottom right are not showing more than 5 sec, even...: Hi, I followred these steps: https://www.webnots.com/how-to-increase-notification-display-time-in-windows-11/and I restarted the computer without success.I change the value in multiples place in win 11 but my discord message notification only stays for 5 sec, even though in...
  7. Discord notification banners are blocked by "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord notification banners are blocked by "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" Service: Hello, I am not getting Discord notification banners and the only thing that seems to fix it is disabling "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" in Services. When I do that, GeForce Experience stops working. I do however, get an notification noise. I've contacted Nvidia regarding...
  8. Discord notification banners are blocked by "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" Service

Discord notification banners are blocked by "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" Service: Hello, I am not getting Discord notification banners and the only thing that seems to fix it is disabling "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" in Services. When I do that, GeForce Experience stops working. I do however, get an notification noise. I've contacted Nvidia regarding...
  9. Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner: Hello! As the title says, my Discord notifications are not showing up on my screen. I get the notification noise but it no longer pops up in the corner. my notifications are enabled in both Discord and the notifications in the windows settings. I thought to ask here about...
  10. Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner

Discord and only Discord notifications not showing banner: Hello! As the title says, my Discord notifications are not showing up on my screen. I get the notification noise but it no longer pops up in the corner. my notifications are enabled in both Discord and the notifications in the windows settings. I thought to ask here about...