Windows 10: Discord Overlay Not Working: Easy Answers on What to Do

Discus and support Discord Overlay Not Working: Easy Answers on What to Do in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Gamers may get frustrated when the computer screen flashes up with the message of doom, claiming, “Discord overlay not working.” Technology remains a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, May 11, 2021.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

Discord Overlay Not Working: Easy Answers on What to Do

Gamers may get frustrated when the computer screen flashes up with the message of doom, claiming, “Discord overlay not working.” Technology remains a wondrous thing, but when it doesn’t work, we all feel like throwing our controllers out of the window. However, the issue may stem from some issues which you may quickly remedy. Discord […]

The post Discord Overlay Not Working: Easy Answers on What to Do appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, May 11, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, May 11, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 11, 2021
  4. Louie_101 Win User

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Discord Overlay Not Working: Easy Answers on What to Do - Similar Threads - Discord Overlay Working

2. Discord is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord is NOT working: Discord will not launch on Windows even though I tried I've tried:1. Restarted my system and opened Discord again. Saw if the problem persisted it did.2. Logged in via the Discord web version, which resets the Discord session. It worked. Later launched the app on your PC. It...
  3. Discord is NOT working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord is NOT working: Discord will not launch on Windows even though I tried I've tried:1. Restarted my system and opened Discord again. Saw if the problem persisted it did.2. Logged in via the Discord web version, which resets the Discord session. It worked. Later launched the app on your PC. It...
  4. About taskbar icons, except there doesn't seem to be an easy answer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    About taskbar icons, except there doesn't seem to be an easy answer.: So my discord client. I have changed the icon, both on the desktop and on the taskbar. But whenever discord is open, the icon goes back to normal with the text displayed next to it. I know this is a windows thing and that's why I have come here about this issue. This...
  5. Discord app notifications for overlay in-game not working, any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Discord app notifications for overlay in-game not working, any ideas?: Asked this already in the past on /r/discord and a few other reddits, so I'm wondering if this is perhaps due to something BDO-related since nobody is able to help me out yet, but for the life of me I cannot get discord (the windows app) overlay notifications to work for me....
  6. Mic not working in Discord.

Mic not working in Discord.: I just got a new PC and tried playing with my friend on Discord. As it turns out I can either have it so my headphone speakers work or my mic works. Not both. I could do both on my old PC. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/69Human69 [link] [comments]...
  7. Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?: So I've got a Wacom tablet, which upon early connecting with last year struggled with Windows Ink by having no pen pressure and erratic monitor/penfield alligning, but worked fine after aggressively disabling that program a few times. Sometimes alignment would skewer shortly...
  8. Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pen discord after new monitor, what to do?: So I've got a Wacom tablet, which upon early connecting with last year struggled with Windows Ink by having no pen pressure and erratic monitor/penfield alligning, but worked fine after aggressively disabling that program a few times. Sometimes alignment would skewer shortly...
  9. Discord doesn't work

Discord doesn't work: [ATTACH] When i try do open Discord this happens. It worked fine yesterday, but now this. I tired to reinstall but it doesn't help. I reinstalled Java too. What should i do? submitted by /u/R0mppu [link] [comments]...
  10. Discord Overlay causes BLACK SCREEN

Discord Overlay causes BLACK SCREEN: So I was playing games on my PC and wanted to check on discord messages so I press the Overlay key and it caused a Black Screen , This never happened and my screen is Blacked out. I Tried restarting the PC and the window logo on the startup is gone. the Window booted properly...